Postal Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Mutual Transfer Ads - Letter Carriers    HELP NEEDED very important ereassign question!!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

HELP NEEDED very important ereassign question!! Login/Join

posted
Ok so I only applied for 1 residual vaccancy in Port Orange, Florida. Am I on a waiting list to be called from the entire Suncoast district? Or am I just on a waiting list for Port Orange? Like wouldn't it make sense if hypothetically I was the only one that put in for a specific vaccancy in a specific area that I'd be the only transfer applicant called after they convert 3 CCA's? I have been told different things but the prevailing opinion seems to be that I am at the very bottom of a big list because they only call in order of applicants for the ENTIRE district. So any concrete information into this very confusing situation would be greatly appreciated!!!

Posts: 26 | Location: Staten Island NY | Registered: 11 April 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Your reassignment goes on a waiting list and it's basically first come first serve. The office you're looking to go to has the choice to deny people but, they don't get pick who they want off the list of people that put in for the same reassignment. So you basically have to wait until your called from the district not the office and they'll ask if you're still interested in the position and then you go forward.

Posts: 2 | Location: South orange | Registered: 02 April 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
How long have you been on the waiting list
quote:
Originally posted by sb2687:
Ok so I only applied for 1 residual vaccancy in Port Orange, Florida. Am I on a waiting list to be called from the entire Suncoast district? Or am I just on a waiting list for Port Orange? Like wouldn't it make sense if hypothetically I was the only one that put in for a specific vaccancy in a specific area that I'd be the only transfer applicant called after they convert 3 CCA's? I have been told different things but the prevailing opinion seems to be that I am at the very bottom of a big list because they only call in order of applicants for the ENTIRE district. So any concrete information into this very confusing situation would be greatly appreciated!!!

Posts: 22 | Registered: 17 October 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I believe you are on the waiting list for Port Orange. How long have you been waiting

Posts: 22 | Registered: 17 October 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hey I just applied to a residual vaccancy on 4/1/16. Any idea on how long it will take for me to get a response?

Posts: 26 | Location: Staten Island NY | Registered: 11 April 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You are placed on a waiting list for the specific reassignment you requested . The time length for which you will have to wait on a response will vary depending on the number of people who have requested that same reassignment and where you stand on the list . Your status will change to IN REVIEW once they have pulled your name from the list . The process is not a speedy one but once you have selected as IN REVIEW the job is pretty much yours given you have a good attendance , accident , discipline , and driving record . If you lack in any of these areas you will be denied and removed from the list .

Posts: 88 | Location: Tampa,fl | Registered: 09 January 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post