Postal Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Mutual Transfer Ads - Letter Carriers    NO NEW PTF POSITIONS - How do you transfer on ereassign?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

NO NEW PTF POSITIONS - How do you transfer on ereassign? Login/Join

posted
Does any one know how a transfer will work now that the PTF position is being eliminated?
(via ereassign)

Before the new contract you could transfer as a PTF through ereassign. Without the PTF position how do you transfer????

Posts: 53 | Registered: 27 March 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nothing official but you would transfer into an open route. Before a cca is promoted to full time they would check erreassign to make sure there are no potential transfers. So you would take whatever route was unbidden and needed a carrier. That will help some transfers as at least now you would get 40 hrs. I had to turn down my last few because the manager didn't think I would avg 40 hrs a week since they were small offices.

Posts: 25 | Location: Wichita, KS | Registered: 08 December 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Im confused, and no expert by any stretch, but I thought the new contract meant that all PTFs would be eliminated throughout the life of the contract, not necessarily immediately. The contract is good until 2016 so I understood that this meant by 2016 there wouldnt be any PTF carriers (could be wrong) anyway. Im not a clerk or a carrier, I work in accounting services (under APWU IT/AS contract), but I just put in a reassignment to AZ to become a PTF carrier on 1/10/13 and it is in review status now. Do you all know if I will come in under the new pay schedule or old as I am a career employee changing crafts? Ive called the local NALC hall and keep getting different answers. Thanks.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Steph82,

Posts: 9 | Registered: 24 January 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
THe arbitration says no 'new' ptf positions will be created. Existings ptf's must be converted by end of contract in 2016. I think it will be like shox2k4 stated, transfers will only if there is an open route. You would be lowest regular but ahead of cca's and you would be guarrenteed your 40 hrs.

Posts: 104 | Registered: 15 October 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
All carriers are under the same pay scale. But when you change crafts I think maybe you start over again. But you will be at cc level. Not cca

Posts: 25 | Location: Wichita, KS | Registered: 08 December 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was curious about this whole situation too. Actually went to e-reassign yesterday and was surprised to see all the "available" openings still. If offices are still in need of carriers, I guess they could still fill them with PTFs. I mean those of us that are already career employees. Who knows. Just glad I got my e-reassign approved and my start date in my new office set.....1 day before the contract settlement. Actually a fellow carrier and I both put in for transfers to the same office 1000 miles away and both got approval. Id keep putting in on e-reassign if you want to transfer.....worst they can say is no, we arent transfering PTFs anymore.

Posts: 126 | Registered: 08 December 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
does any one have any insight on my scenario? I am switching crafts---Will I start on the new pay schedule? I know that I wont receive the CCA 15.00/hr pay, but will I receive my pay under the new schedule for carriers HIRED after 1/12/13? I surely hope not, because this would be like a 7,000.00/yr pay cut.
shox2k4...here is the link to the new pay schedules. Do you see what I mean? http://www.nalc.org/depart/cau...ges/paychart0113.pdf

posted Hide Post
I was wondering too as all of our PTFs were promoted to regular yesterday.

Posts: 38 | Registered: 17 January 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Foco carrier, You must have had enough open routes?

Posts: 104 | Registered: 15 October 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Steph, try getting in touch with HR in the new district. You'll have to do some work to find the contact phone number but if anyone can provide the answer, I'd bet that'd be the one.

Posts: 14 | Registered: 04 February 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think Trapper is on the mark. No _new_ PTF positions are being created, but openings approved before 1/11/13 (the arbitration award date) may still be filled. eReassign opportunities are all showing none posted after 1/1/13 but plenty before that date, which probably must be honored. Obviously any PTF coming in to those offices will be making regular in less than 3 1/2 years at the longest and ahead of any current TEs/CCAs.

Posts: 14 | Registered: 04 February 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ok thanks for the advice Pjxii. I'll try that.

posted Hide Post
Your postal seniority should count to where you would be on the scale. Your step will reset back to 0. Example say you are two weeks from getting a clerk step increase, when you transfer to carrier it would reset back to 0 for the current step. But they have different payscales now so I don't think that part matters much. But just figure out how many weeks of service you have and you can see what that would be for you.

I got this info from a carrier. He started as a carrier, switched to clerk, back to carrier. Over several cities and said he never noticed his pay reset to the beginning but thinks the step level reset.

posted Hide Post
Thank you all. I was more concerned with whether or not I would be paid under the new contracts lower wages for carriers "hired after January 12, 2013. For example, I'm a step J so I realize that will stay the same step when I change crafts, but under the old contract as a PTF I would make 27.29, but under the new schedule as a PTF I would only make 23.43. What are your opinions? Everybody hear has differing opinions even stewards and the local NALC hall! Thanks again

http://www.nalc.org/depart/cau...ges/paychart0113.pdf

posted Hide Post
I would rather be a carrier. What happens if your clerk job gets cut to only 30 hrs for full time? At least carriers are gauranteed 40 once they make regular. Just make sure you can work outside and more than likely be ready to walk. I think seniority will move quickly. Carriers are getting older and while a large number are waiting for a buyout that probably won't come, they will still retire soon anyway.