Postal Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Mutual Transfer Ads - Letter Carriers    WASHINGTON STATE TO ALASKA 7-94
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

WASHINGTON STATE TO ALASKA 7-94 Login/Join

posted
wenatchee , 40 rts. town sits on the columbia river in the middle of the state. approx 3hr drive to canada,seattle,spokane & oregon.
i'm looking to go to anchorage or wasilla.
contact: alaskabob@genext.net or p.o. box 373 wenatchee wa. 98807 cell 509-393-6374 (text)

Posts: 372 | Registered: 27 November 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi Bob, just thought you might like to know, one of our two ptfs just got approved to transfer out. That leaves one ptf and probably 3 people retiring by end of year.Scott

Posts: 104 | Registered: 15 October 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
thanks . i sent a note to the postmaster and/or the station manager to be posted by the time clock. is it there ??

posted Hide Post
Yes, But I haven't heard of anyone interested in a swap. Thought you might be interested in reassign.Scott

posted Hide Post
i heard obama wants to eliminate sat del by 2013. comming in as a reasign i would but at the bottom of the office seniority. i could wind up as an unassigned reg for years. it would be better to do a swap and get more office seniority.

posted Hide Post
hi bob, if you are still planning on coming to ak in march give me a call and we could grab a beer. I doubt if they will stop sat. delivery for a couple of years. Obama can't do it only congress can and in an election year doubt they will try. 907-357-9598 scott

posted Hide Post
have to go to calif. in march. and the kids went outside too. perhaps later in the year. do you get texts at this number ?

posted Hide Post
Hi bob, yes I can get text at that phone number, I just can"t answer them. Scott

posted Hide Post
Hi Bob,if you are still thinking about alaska give me a call. 907 354 8046 , we had a development that might affect things. scott

posted Hide Post
send me a text or e-mail. don't have long distance on my phone, it burns minutes

posted Hide Post
Hi bob ,we had one of our carriers pass away at work on Tuesday. Had a blood clot, nothing could be done to save him. That means we will probably have 5 openings in a few months, we only have 3 techs so even if they did away with saturdays there would still be routes available. Just FYI Scott

posted Hide Post
wow ! sorry for your loss. i'll consider a letter of intent to your office.just got back from calif. & we were offered a really good deal on a place to live in the town we origonally moved from. if i can get a trade to tehachapi we would head that direction. i have never transfered in as a reg. don't know how that works, must admit it makes me a little nervous thinking i would be bottom flex for a while

posted Hide Post
Hi Bob, just so you know , even if there are routes open and you did the ereassign you would still come in as a ptf until you are assigned a route. If you head for california ,good luck.Scott

posted Hide Post
that's what i figured . so keep looking for trade rather than a reassign

posted Hide Post
Hi Bob, Don't get me wrong, I still feel if they offer an incentive to retire we will lose enough people that you would make regular status right away and end up high enough on seniority list that you would not have to be concerned about losing saturday delivery .Take care. Scott