Postal Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Mutual Transfer Ads - Letter Carriers    Portland to Eugene or. Also a mutual transfer question.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Portland to Eugene or. Also a mutual transfer question. Login/Join

posted
Does anyone know if you have to wait the 18 months before transferring if you do a mutual transfer? I came to Portland from the Midwest last summer but would actually prefer to make it to Eugene at some point. Thanks for the help and let me know if you are interested in Portland. It's not a bad place to work and plenty of OT.

Posts: 18 | Registered: 03 March 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You're supposed to wait 18 months but they will grant exceptions if you ask.

Posts: 24 | Registered: 08 February 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kevin f:
Does anyone know if you have to wait the 18 months before transferring if you do a mutual transfer? I came to Portland from the Midwest last summer but would actually prefer to make it to Eugene at some point. Thanks for the help and let me know if you are interested in Portland. It's not a bad place to work and plenty of OT.

Nope. The 18-month waiting period doesn't apply to mutual transfers, only individual transfers. You say you came to Portland from the Midwest. The wife and I live in the Midwest and are going to visit Oregon this spring. We are considering moving to there. So, what's it like? I hear the cost of living is high.

Posts: 7 | Registered: 25 February 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It's great out here for the most part. Way better weather, friendly people etc. The housing is pretty expensive and competitive especially in Portland but everything else is similar in price.

Posts: 18 | Registered: 03 March 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post