Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

decisions Login/Join

posted
For those who have done transfers, how do you decide to start over somewhere else? We have our family here but it is way to expensive in Santa Barbara and can hardly survive on 1 income for a family of 4. Throwing the idea of going to Texas around. shy

Posts: 4 | Registered: 15 March 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm working on my first swap, trying to get from Tulsa Oklahoma to Phoenix. I'd say if your life would be better elsewhere, just make sure before you do it and once you make the decision, stick with it. Good Luck. If you would like to try Tulsa and can find someone who wants Santa Barbara for a three way let me know.

Posts: 20 | Location: Tulsa, Oklahoma | Registered: 14 March 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Shy,
Would Austin,TX. look good to you? have someone in Florida that is wanting your area..
What is you seniority? when are looking to do a transfer? must have a good record, sick leave low, no accidents?
Remember one thing when doing this, once you've made up your mind, don't think twice and move forward, reality sometimes makes people nervous and back out at the last minute, so really think about this before doing..
any ???'s call me Ramon 512.762.5081

Posts: 307 | Registered: 11 June 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ramnon,
Dont get to excited yet, but Austin is exactly where we are looking at. Nervous is exactly how im feeling. The main thing is my kids, "can I do this to them?" Is what I keep asking myself. Record is clean, just need to double check eopf for old stuff. 1/98 What are the other seniority dates?........ a lot to start mulling around.....Thank you
shy

Posts: 4 | Registered: 15 March 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Shy..
No i'm not excited, i've had 2 transfers in the last 2 yrs. approved on a 3 way and 1 person lied on their transfer form, so that one was shot down, then on the 2nd. transfer, some one backed out at the last month before moving, family issues..
So no i'm not excited!!!
but the other person is in Florida seniority 3/99 who wants L.A area.. and mine (funny) same as yours 1/98...
So yes you have alot to think about before doing this, selling a house? moving the kids? cost of living? but keep in mind, with the P.O. having it's problems we don't know how much longer the P.O will keep the transfers open for us to bid on.. does cost money to do this for the P.O... and contracts are coming up...keep in touch.. throw your ph # out on mine..later

posted Hide Post
$

posted Hide Post
Hi Shy,
Are you still interested in a move to Texas? DFW area, quiet suburb of 25000, low cost of living and affordable homes.

Posts: 44 | Registered: 09 May 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post