Postal Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Mutual Transfer Ads - Letter Carriers    Honolulu HI to NC,SC,northGA,northAL,TN and Sac.CA
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Honolulu HI to NC,SC,northGA,northAL,TN and Sac.CA Login/Join

posted
Oahu city carrier, seniority July 2003. 8 offices to bid in. OT available. The weather is great. The beaches are beautiful. 25% cola.

Posts: 6 | Registered: 26 February 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi! beach3 has your transfer worked out for you? ted from vallejo

Posts: 4 | Registered: 13 August 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi Ted!
Still just waiting on the postmasters to look over our personal records. They have to be perfect! We don't want the move to happen until January so maybe they are waiting awhile? He has a house to sell. So that might be a snag...... I have my fingers crossed!
How are you? I sure hope you can find some one to trade with. I saw that they are hiring rural carriers in three separate areas here. Two areas are up near the north shore. I read that the pay is $15.22 an hour plus cola. Also they are hiring ptr's too. I think you are quaranteed 20 hours a week.Let me know if you need any info on that. later, Rene'

posted Hide Post
Hi Beach3
would you be interested in coming to north georgia near gainesville. If so my email is bccole@yahoo.com

Posts: 11 | Registered: 26 September 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dear bc cole from Gainesville GA
I would have been interested about 4 months ago!! I have already got an exchange in the works. It looks like it will go through ( of course anything can go wrong) I will have to keep your email address just in case....but probably will not need it. Thanks for asking though, I would have loved to go to Gainesville!!! Beach 3

posted Hide Post
Hey bc cole from Gainsville GA........Your email address did not go through. The email I sent got returned!! Please leave me the correct one! Thanks!

posted Hide Post
Hey beach3...with the cost of living on the islands, can you live a decent lifestyle on a carrier's income? Thanks...been there once, would love to go one more time and never leave again.

Posts: 4 | Registered: 13 September 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We get a big chunk of extra money for the cost of living here. That really helps out a lot.
If you can bring some $$$ with you to put down on a mortgage for a condo/apartment ( houses are way too exspensive here ) you can live pretty good here. Or if you don't mind renting (that is what everybody does here.)Living on a postal income is okay here. I rent an apartment and I am able to save a little and take my vacations......so I guess it is all about what you will be happy with. Owning a house here?? Never gonna happen.....but living in a small modest apartment with extra spending cash to take vacations....I do it, so I guess you can too. You can't beat the weather !!!!!

Where are you from??? What island did you visit? Would you consider being a ptf again?
We do hire those often in Honolulu.
Aloha , Beach3

posted Hide Post
Hey Beach, thanks for the info...I work in the Dallas District...senority of 8/98...I visited Maui once for a week and loved it. Not sure if I want to start over at the bottom again. How fast are ptf's making reg? And if you would consider moving to my district, let me know. Thanks Beach.......Aloha.

Posts: 4 | Registered: 13 September 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
beach3,

would you consider going to Westwood, CA or Los Angeles, CA? E-mail me if interested at roselitobustos@sbcglobal.net or call me at 562-899-0960.

Posts: 4 | Location: 265 S. Western Avenue Los Angeles, CA 90004 | Registered: 30 May 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
hey beach3 lets swap im in TN teraogden3@hotmail.com

Posts: 57 | Registered: 16 January 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tera ogden:
hey beach3 lets swap im in TN teraogden3@hotmail.com

Tera....this is Beach3 now known as Reneozark.....I did my mutal trade in February of 2008 with a carrier from Arkansas. So I guess you are one year too late !! I would have loved to go to TN. This Arkansas trade was not really what I wanted !!!
Oh well, now I am looking to trade to Seattle area..... good luck with your search for a mutal exchange.

Posts: 4 | Registered: 25 January 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
rene im out of the seattle area email me if interested daboogeydown@gmail.com

Posts: 27 | Registered: 24 September 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
thx for the reply do u know anyway i can contact the Hawaii offices to see if there may be anyone intersted in a swap if so please email me teraogden3@hotmail.com & good luck w/ur search

Posts: 57 | Registered: 16 January 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Aloha, Im lookin to move to Oahu to be closer to family there. I live in Merced, California one hour south from Sacramento. Highway 99 the main road there. If your current status doesnt go through or If you know of anybody who like transfer Central California, let me kno if can. williamson21@att.net

Posts: 10 | Location: Merced, California | Registered: 01 March 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post