Postal Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Mutual Transfer Ads - Letter Carriers    Question on Mutual Transfers?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Question on Mutual Transfers? Login/Join

posted
Hello all...

I am a new PTF carrier (now almost 60 days). There is a casual carrier recently turned PTF where I am, but chosen for a different facility that I chose ORIGINALLY and would like to work. He desires to STAY where we are, and I desire to work at the office where he was CHOSEN. Any suggestions from anyone out there (union reps especially)? I left a v/msg with personnel, but they are very hard to reach. Not sure if I should mention this desire to my supervisor at this time, since I'm still on probation for almost another 2 months? Not sure, but I REALLY want to switch. Thanks for your responses in advance!

--Von S.

Posts: 6 | Location: Chicagoland area. | Registered: 01 May 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm not a union rep anymore but you're only hope is to work it out with each manager if possible. It's only possible if you're within the same district AND within the same bidding area. PASS YOUR 90 DAYS FIRST!

Even so, if the managers do not want to or cannot switch, you both MUST wait at least 18 months to trade with each other. Keep your nose clean(no driving infractions on or off the clock, don't call off sick and avoid any disciplinary actions) during the 18 months.

My suggestion is to talk to your union rep and manager together and see what you can do if anything before the 18 months. Meanwhile, PASS YOUR 90 DAYS first.

Posts: 8 | Registered: 17 January 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Erjman...
Thanks for your response. I will certainly utilize your advice! First being, to try and get thru these 90 days without giving up. Thx!

========
quote:
Originally posted by erjman:
I'm not a union rep anymore but you're only hope is to work it out with each manager if possible. It's only possible if you're within the same district AND within the same bidding area. PASS YOUR 90 DAYS FIRST!

Even so, if the managers do not want to or cannot switch, you both MUST wait at least 18 months to trade with each other. Keep your nose clean(no driving infractions on or off the clock, don't call off sick and avoid any disciplinary actions) during the 18 months.

My suggestion is to talk to your union rep and manager together and see what you can do if anything before the 18 months. Meanwhile, PASS YOUR 90 DAYS first.

Posts: 6 | Location: Chicagoland area. | Registered: 01 May 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post