Postal Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Mutual Transfer Ads - Letter Carriers    Can PTF's trade with Regulars?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Can PTF's trade with Regulars? Login/Join

posted
I heard that PTF's cannot trade with regulars. Is that true?

Posts: 21 | Registered: 12 June 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sorry, only regulars can swap with regulars and PTF's swap with PTF's.

Posts: 23 | Registered: 06 March 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I thought a swap was ok if it was body for body.

Posts: 3 | Location: Lilburn,GA to Columbia,SC | Registered: 14 July 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
somewhere in the national agreement I had posted it under another answer, it states that ptf and regulars can not trade. tou have to be of the same class and they are not.

Posts: 77 | Registered: 10 September 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My post master said we could trade but that we would both start out as bottem-level ptfs. So it may not be a mutual trade, but I don't know what it would be called. Does anyone know if that is true? Does she know what she's talking about?

Posts: 21 | Registered: 12 June 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Your postmaster doesn,t know what she is talking about! Surprise.ELM 18 6/2007 states in section 351.6 Mutual Exchange subsection 351.61 the following employees are not permitted to exchange positions: a. part-time flexible employees with full-time employees.
B. non bargaining with bargaining employees and c. non supervisory with supervisory employees.
You are only permitted to exchange with another PTF. Sorry to burst your bubble.

posted Hide Post
Regarding hours for a ptf. As long as they employ TE,s a ptf would get more hrs than a TE. So if they work a te they have to work the PTF longer hrs.