Postal Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Mutual Transfer Ads - Letter Carriers    Montana to Central Texas
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Montana to Central Texas Login/Join

posted
Looking for a mutual transfer from Missoula MT to The Temple or Waco area of Texas as soon as possible. Want to be closer to daughter and granddaughter. My wife is also having some health issue during the colder months. Great office and the area is abundant in outdoor and family activities.
Contact Mark at:
uncle_sams_slave@hotmail.com
406-880-2587

Posts: 126 | Registered: 08 December 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Im open to trying to work a 3-way trade too if anyone knows of any interest in that

posted Hide Post
This is a bit off topic for a mutual trade, but Im sure I cant be the only one that is frustrated with using eReassign.
What is the proper procedure they are "supposed " to follow when filling jobs from eReassign.
Ive sent my name in to a number of cities in central Texas using eReassign. Some of them months ago, and received confirmation for each one.
Today I looked at the new postings and one of those cities has a job opening listed.
Shouldn't I, or at least the first person on the list, be considered BEFORE they post on eReassign?
It specifically says they are supposed to process requests on a first come first served basis.
If anyone has any experience with this, please let me know. Ive put in for 13 actual posting as well as sent my name to a number of other offices that did not have current positions available. Its getting a little frustrating when you see a post like I did today, knowing my name has been on their list since early April. Thanks for any insight on this issue.

posted Hide Post
Is it a carrier position? Only know of 1 office that still posts carrier openings and that's because they lost grievance. They are no longer required to post carrier openings on Ereasign

Posts: 97 | Registered: 28 September 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
No, it’s a mail processing position. I was a clerk earlier in my career and am willing to switch back to the clerk craft to facilitate a move to Texas.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: markge,

posted Hide Post
No one? Or anyone know of someone looking to finish off a 3 or 4 way swap?

posted Hide Post
?

posted Hide Post
no takers?

posted Hide Post
This is a break down on eReassinment.
Their was a time when eReassignment was great for transfer but now theirs a memorandum of understanding which says, for every 4 CCA conversion to regular their has to be 1 regular eReassignment transfer in that equation.
Their was a time when any eReassignment could bid on open routes that no one bid that has to go up for bid on eReassignment for bids.
I hope this was helpful.

Posts: 10 | Location: Pembroke Pines Florida  | Registered: 29 July 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hey Luisito, thanks for the reply> Yea, I know about the carrier memorandum. And i wont even rant about that.....but think its crap! Ive used e-reassign to transfer before and it was great. My question posted above was more along the lines of why even post jobs when you have a list of transfer requests already at an office. Ive had my name in at several offices for months, and then just this past month the post jobs at those offices. And after talking to several other people on here, Im not the only one frustrated with how they are treating career employees, some with decades of very loyal service. Well, that my rant for the day. But thanks you again for the reply. And best of luck to everyone trying this route to get where you want to go. It looks like it may be the only way to get a transfer now.

posted Hide Post

posted Hide Post
still looking

posted Hide Post

posted Hide Post
any options?