Postal Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Mutual Transfer Ads - Letter Carriers    South Dakota to Alaska
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

South Dakota to Alaska Login/Join

posted
Rapid city, South Dakota, mild winters , good hunting and fishing, Black Hills area ,40 office, to Alaska 907-354-8046

Posts: 97 | Registered: 28 September 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm in Anchorage, AK. A T-6 position. Not sure how this mutual transfer works. What is the life like in Rapid City?

Posts: 9 | Registered: 27 March 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hello , both postmasters have to agree to transfer. They still check your records to make sure of sick leave, safety / driving record. If the transfer is approved your seniority becomes the years of the least carrier. I transferred from Wasilla in 2014 for family reasons but wife is native Alaskan and missing home. Rapid City sits on the edge of the Black Hills which is basically a huge public forest. Very scenic area with good hunting, hiking, fishing ,biking , camping, etc. If your into motorcycles this is the place. Office has 40 routes , mixture of park and loop, NBUs, and curbside. Mild temp. in winter, if it snows it usually melts within a week. It can be 10 degrees one day and 50 degrees the next in the winter. Also forgot to mention, you do not get my route / I do not get yours. You bid on open route when you get here. Nice people in office. I still have my Alaska phone if you want to contact me. 907-354-8046

Posts: 97 | Registered: 28 September 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post