Postal Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Mutual Transfer Ads - Letter Carriers    anyone in WASILLA AK. want to move to WASHINGTON STATE ?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

anyone in WASILLA AK. want to move to WASHINGTON STATE ? Login/Join

posted
wenatchee , wa also interested in trading to wasilla. 7-94 ann date puts you in the top 15 of 50 carriers. no fss. dry side of the mts. 12 in ann rainfall. true 4 seasons. winters mild compared to alaska. town of 60k on the columbia river. 40 rts. lake chelan 35 miles to the north. 2.5 to 3 hr drive puts you in either ,canada, seattle, spokane or oregon.i found another good areal view of the wenatchee valley on the home depot home page. go to the store finder and type in wenatchee wa.
i would like to go to anchorage to live by grandkids. any questions e-mail me at: alaskabob@genext.net or send a text to 509-393-6374.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: alaskabob,

Posts: 372 | Registered: 27 November 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi Bob , fyi , 1 regular transferrring out on saturday, then the last ptf will become regular. then two other carriers are retiring end August. Still have not replaced carrier who died on the clock 2 months ago. scott

Posts: 104 | Registered: 15 October 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
scott: nobody seems to be interested a trade to wenatchee from anywhere. may i have the name and mailing adress of the postmaster there or whom ever it is i need to send a letter of intent to. maybe taking one of these positions is my only option. anyway if an interview is in the works , i'll look you up for that beer.
bob
p.s. do you get text at that phone number

posted Hide Post
Hi Bob, postmasters name is Chris Manning,907-376-4183, you can usually reach her around 5 pm alaska time. They just started a new ptf today. Check out the state section in the postal record, Jim Raymond, our union president states you can transfer to anchorage and become a regular in less than a month. His email is nalc4319@alaska.net. I know you have to register on ereassign before they will even consider you.Scott

posted Hide Post
Hi bob, forgot to mention we still have two carrirs retiring by end of september

posted Hide Post
2 retiring in aug AND 2 retireing in sept. or are these the same 2 ? are they going to hire any more ptf's ??

posted Hide Post
Two carriers retiring. I do not know if they are transfering anyone else in, you would have to ask post master. I know someone from minn. turned down a transfer.

posted Hide Post
i called chris and she said you have 2 ptfs to fill the one rt that is open now and one of the positions that will come up when the 2 carriers retire. that leaves 1 opening to be filled by the next bottom flex that gets hired on. (that's assuming the carriers retireing are for sure and its not just talk. do they have thier dates set?)i would have to work as bottom flex untill that route came up. then when we lose 6 day delivery , your t-6's would have choice on rts up for bid below thier seniority date. being on the bottom i would become an unassigned regular. (not fun . i've done that and you get jerked around like a ptf.)much rather get a trade. i can't believe nobody is tired of being in the cold and dark up there and would'nt want to trade out.
but then again . . . there's the grand kids Wink

posted Hide Post
The one ptf will be regular next week. That leaves us with one ptf. The two carriers say they are leaving, one at end of August the other in September. Also our auxillary rt will be 8 hours within a year. There are 3 carriers who will leave within 2-3 years , I don't see us losing 6 day for at least a couple of years but that is just my opinoin.Scott

posted Hide Post
why did the one regular transfer out ?

posted Hide Post
HI bob, she transfered in from anchorage as a ptf and just decided to go back to the station in anchorage where she came from. She never seemed to get along with the other ladies in our office. After the 3 or 4 carriers that will be leaving in the next 2 years then the next group of people are at probably 8-10 years before they would retire.

posted Hide Post
wow , went back to being a ptf too. i guess she really didn't get along. things moving slow here. trying to down size to make a move, (somewhere). put in a reassign request , but i told the postmast i'm only interested if there is a reg position to be filled, don't want to do the ptf thing again if i can avoid it. can't believe there is no one up there tired of the cold and dark & wouldn't want to do a trade transfer to wa.state

posted Hide Post
If you get offer from post master give me a call and I will try to update you on status of current people retiring,you still have to transfer as a ptf but can then become regular right away if position is open.Scott

posted Hide Post
must be a slow processes. wish i knew what was going on so i could plan my life. my lease is up at the end of aug. after that , it will have to wait untill next year. if i knew rite now, i could start getting stuff up there & sell furniture , etc.
oh well maybe she will choose someone else. i wasn't thinking of taking one of the anchorage openings because i dont want to carry park & loop in the winter. jim raymond told me wasilla is all mounted or nbu boxes.

posted Hide Post
Yes w.asilla is all mounted ,nbu's or jump stops