Postal Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Mutual Transfer Ads - Letter Carriers    Las Vegas NV to San antonio tx area
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Las Vegas NV to San antonio tx area Login/Join

posted
approching retirement would like to get back to TX Las Vegas NV to San Antonio, TX area. Seniority 8/85

This message has been edited. Last edited by: lollywags89,

Posts: 15 | Registered: 15 March 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wish I lived in Texas....Im trying to get to Vegas....how is it out there? In Michigan our mail volume has dropped a lot...I had plenty of OT the first 14 years there...this year...almost nothing...maybe 2-4 hrs a week....thats it...

Andrew

Posts: 20 | Registered: 04 March 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Andrew - It is okay for now here in Vegas, I have been here for over 30 years. I am a T6. It seems like the T6's are blessed with the OT for now. There is no one working days off anymore, and routes are put up by the t6 so the TE can come in at 10 am to carry the route or the hand offs. I wish I could tell you how to get to Vegas however, there was a carrier who I think was trying to get to Michigan. I am really not sure because she told me she had stopped trying about a year ago. She told me also that the Post Office was not honoring mutual transfers because of the unpredictable situation we are in now. Truly I don't know if what she said was true or not. I will say this, it was by accident that I clicked on the link for mutual transfers in the Post Mag website. I am surprised that there is such a thing. I was under the impression that Mutual transfers could only be honored by the NALC that were placed in the Postal Record magazine. This is new to me and I am gonna ask my union steward tomorrow if this is an official site we can really use. In the meantime I will ask the carrier if she was interested in Michigan. I will msg you when I find out.

posted Hide Post
Thanks.....If its the same woman Im thinking of...her name was Karen....I saw it in our magazine about a year or two ago....but I didnt save any of my issues....she wanted to goto Saline which is the Ann Arbor area if Im not mistaken...which is only about 40 mins from me...If you find out anything, let me know...thanks!

Andrew

posted Hide Post
Andrew - sorry it took me so long to get back to you. Yes, it is the same person, Karen. I talked to her and she is not happy with the previous attempts to do a mutual exchange. She is willing to consider it again. She does not want to communicate with you via computer, so she has told me to let you know to pass on your phone number so that she may contact you. I will pass the number on to her but after that I do not want to be involved beyond that. This will be between you and her. Okay Let me know what you want to do.

posted Hide Post
Thanks.....tell her to call me anytime she is free....my number is 248-563-6415...tell her Im looking forward to hearing from her....

Andrew

posted Hide Post
Hello my name is Gabriel Gonzales. I am a letter carrier here in Corpus Christi.I am 28 years old. i heard about your request to transfer here to corpus from another carrier. I work at the Lamar Park station here in Corpus Christi. I have been wanting to move to Vegas for a while now. I am waiting for my wife to graduate from college to put in my transfer, She will be done in October of this year. I have a seniority date of June 14 2004. my route is located on doddridge and santa fe. We haven't been hit that hard with the falling mail volumes. I am really interested in moving there. I was willing to go there as a PTF but if you are willing to swap with me that would be great. All of our routes are clean routes. My route is located close to the bay off CC. Please feel free to contact me on my cell phone 361-688-7265. I look forward to hearing from you. i can give you any information you need. thank you Gabriel Gonzales

Posts: 2 | Registered: 30 March 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hello Gabriel - I am still interested in a swap but for now I think I will put the thought off for awhile. There are some major changes that may be coming in the Post Office. Also, 5 years is not alot of seniority. I would prefer someone with more seniority. I will keep you in mind because I am sure there may not be someone else who would want to transfer. Thank you for letting me know. I will keep your number handy. Sherrie

posted Hide Post
sherrie thank you for responding. i totally understand what your saying. if it would be possible could i have your email address so i can communicate with you about any questions i got about transferring there. i am seriously thinking about transferring as a PTF. if i could have your email that would be awesome. thanks again. gabe

Posts: 2 | Registered: 30 March 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sherrie......Just wondering if you gave Karen my number? Thanks.....Andrew

posted Hide Post
Andrew - I did give her your number. She has had bad experiences before with trying to trade back to Michigan. I don't know if she will call you or not. You will just have to wait and see.

posted Hide Post
Gabriel - I prefer for you to contact me using the postal mag website so that i do not get any unsolicited emails. You can ask me questions thru here and I will answer if I can. I truly suggest that you not consider a PTF transfer or whether they are excepting such transfers right now. The postal service is headed toward reducing employees and if you transferred as a PTF you could be in the first set of layoffs. This is only my opinion but if I were you i would hold on to my permanent status right now.

posted Hide Post
lollywags89... I am not 100% sure but I think if you do an e assign you still keep your postal senority. You have 0 status for bidding etc, but if you have 6 years of service you are paid and ranked as a six year ptf. A regular that has 3 years would go before you do with 6.
The only thing that would save the 3 year is if he was a vet. I understand that they will be the last to go on the block.

Posts: 77 | Registered: 10 September 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hello my name is Troy Ray. I am a letter carrier working in Katy Texas. I have been working in this area for over 10 years. The weather here is typical Texas's weather, however, its a beautiful place to live.I would like to communicate with you more concerning your transfer to Texas. The mail volume has dropped but we still have lots of mail to carrier daily.The starting and ending times are 07:00-3:30, however, overtime carriers do manage to get 1 hour to 1 1/2 hour of overtime daily. Management continues to ensure that all carriers are off the street by the 5 0'clock window of operation. The city of Katy is about 250 miles from Corpus Christi Texas.
Reason for transferring to Las Vegas; My wife has been offered a job in Las Vegas and I would love to keep our family together. My Senority date is October 1997. This is far less than your senority date,but here in Katy Texas that senority date is high enough on the list to get you a pretty good assignment. My Postmaster has agreed to assist me as much as he can to make this transfer happen. Please contact me to let me know if the request to transfer is still on the table,and whether you are still interested in a transfer.
P.S. I am ready to make this move happen now. This is my first time using this system and I am not sure how you would be able to contact me, so in an effort to make this transition go smoothly as possible here is my e-mail address troyray@comcast.net, cell 832-483-7731.

Thank You
Troy Ray

Posts: 17 | Location: Katy Texas | Registered: 02 June 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hello Troy - i received your message today. Katy tx is pretty far from Corpus Christi. I am not sure I want to be that long a distance from Corpus. You see I already have had an inquiry from someone in Corpus. I told him that things are very uncertain right now in the PO and also at all the stations here in Las Vegas. Right now management is on the warpath issuing discipline for the smallest infractions including deviating from your route to go to your bank to get money for lunch. I am talking about the bank being on the way to your route. It is very bad right now in Vegas. The supervisors constantly harass you for undertime and in some cases MAKE you take up to an hour off someone elses route. Needless to say morale is very low. I have already googled Katy Tx and prefer to be closer to the water. Right now I dont see what the attraction would be for me to try Katy. However, I will keep you in my radar. You can email me at Lollywags89@yahoo.com