Postal Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Mutual Transfer Ads - Letter Carriers    Las Vegas NV to San antonio tx area
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Las Vegas NV to San antonio tx area Login/Join

posted Hide Post
my name is alberta & i live in fort worth & i wanted to go to las vagas nv 3/89

Posts: 3 | Registered: 14 September 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
im sorry my seniority date is 3/98 this is alberta

Posts: 3 | Registered: 14 September 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
To Alberta - I am not interested in Ft Worth.

Posts: 15 | Registered: 15 March 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just checking back in. Hello I am still here looking to move to Las Vegas. Come and enjoy yourself in Katy Texas for a couple of years then retire and move into Corpus. Hello my name is Troy Ray. I am a letter carrier working in Katy Texas. I have been working in this area for over 10 years. The weather here is typical Texas's weather, however, its a beautiful place to live.I would like to communicate with you more concerning your transfer to Texas. The mail volume has dropped but we still have lots of mail to carrier daily.The starting and ending times are 07:00-3:30, however, overtime carriers do manage to get 1 hour to 1 1/2 hour of overtime daily. Management continues to ensure that all carriers are off the street by the 5 0'clock window of operation. The city of Katy is about 250 miles from Corpus Christi Texas.
Reason for transferring to Las Vegas; My wife has been offered a job in Las Vegas and I would love to keep our family together. My Senority date is October 1997. This is far less than your senority date,but here in Katy Texas that senority date is high enough on the list to get you a pretty good assignment. My Postmaster has agreed to assist me as much as he can to make this transfer happen. Please contact me to let me know if the request to transfer is still on the table,and whether you are still interested in a transfer.
P.S. I am ready to make this move happen now. This is my first time using this system and I am not sure how you would be able to contact me, so in an effort to make this transition go smoothly as possible here is my e-mail address troyray@comcast.net, cell 832-483-7731.

Posts: 17 | Location: Katy Texas | Registered: 02 June 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hello Troy - I am still not interested in Katy, TX - Perhaps you could try to just transfer in to Vegas. I would like to say that your starting time 0700 is great. Half the carriers in my station start at 0730 and half at 0800. It does not make any sense but that is postal management for you. I hope you find a way to get here, jobs are pretty scarce here in Vegas and the unemployment rate is over 10%. It is very lucky that your wife has a job offer for Vegas. Have a happy Thanksgiving! Sherrie

posted Hide Post
dont know who you are but here is the answer to your question. I am a t6 at the Red Rock Vista station. We have overtime and volume but everyone is expected back at 5. Of course when the start times are later that really cuts into the OT. I was on the OT list for 6 yrs. It was very tough on my body and now I am 8 hrs only. Perhaps you could help Troy who is trying to get to Vegas by giving him some info on a transfer.