Postal Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Mutual Transfer Ads - Letter Carriers    Tennessee to New Hampshire
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Tennessee to New Hampshire Login/Join

posted
Any City Carriers from Southern New Hampshire
interested in swapping routes and coming to
Nashville area, i would like to hear from you.
My family is up there, and i would like to go back to working near them and where i was born and raised.
good route here, please post a reply anyone
who would like to swap from NH to Tennessee.

Posts: 35 | Registered: 25 December 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hey Mike. I'm in Biddeford, ME. It's about 25-30 mins from Portsmouth. Not really interested in Tennessee but if you're interested in coming to Maine, maybe we can try to find a 3-way swap if someone from SC or FL wants to go to TN. Just an idea. E-mail me if you're interested in trying to work this out. matthew.drown@maine.edu

Posts: 40 | Registered: 17 July 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hey Matthew

Hello to Maine, what are the routes and office
like up there?
OT etc
im from nashua NH

wait for your reply

posted Hide Post
Hey Mike. The routes are a mix of park and loop, mounted, and dismount. Most routes are park and loop and dismount but there are a several that are mounted or have a mix of it. My office has 3 bidding stations. Saco, Biddeford, and Old Orchard Beach. There are 24 city routes in the office. As for overtime, I don't think there is a whole lot available at this particular point but there is some and that always changes during the summer and holiday season. Right now I'm a t-6 with a seniority date of 4/06. I am the junior regular but with 4 vacant routes in the office, being excessed isn't going to happen. Let me know if you're still interested.

Matt

posted Hide Post
Matt

is there many apartments and circulars??
what do you all do with those big ice and snow storms?? do you all work into the dark of night, i know you all have chains i guess.
how do these conditions affect return times???
is the office a good organized office and are the routes organized well???
what about state taxes on your pay??
NH has none,and how much do you give up to maine in state taxes?

i am full time city with a 1/07 hiring date

i was full time rural in amherst NH since 12/97

await reply

posted Hide Post
Hey Mike. Got some answers for you. Yes there are quite a few apartments. There are 3 routes in Biddeford that cover the majority of the apartments but the rest of the routes aren't too bad. All of the routes in Saco and Old Orchard Beach are good routes too.
We have a "rule" in the winter time that all the carriers need to be back at the office by 5 so we aren't delivering in the dark 95% of the time, but there are extreme circumstances where we're out later. With the storms, if it's unsafe, we can use our discretion and bring back mail to deliver the next day. We just need to notify our supervisor and they fill out some form. We actually do not have chains so getting here to there can be a pain but there's really only been a couple bad storms each year for the past few years.
Our office overall is organized but we just underwent adjustments so the routes are in the process of being fixed to make things flow smoother.
I don't know what the tax percentage is but for an example, on my last pay stub I had $107 taken out of $1918 and that's claiming no dependents. I usually get a few hundred back at tax time.
Hope this doesn't scare you away or anything. I don't want to lie and have you get up here and regret it. Hope you're still interested and let me know if you have any more questions.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MDrown:
Hey Mike. Got some answers for you. Yes there are quite a few apartments. There are 3 routes in Biddeford that cover the majority of the apartments but the rest of the routes aren't too bad. All of the routes in Saco and Old Orchard Beach are good routes too.
We have a "rule" in the winter time that all the carriers need to be back at the office by 5 so we aren't delivering in the dark 95% of the time, but there are extreme circumstances where we're out later. With the storms, if it's unsafe, we can use our discretion and bring back mail to deliver the next day. We just need to notify our supervisor and they fill out some form. We actually do not have chains so getting here to there can be a pain but there's really only been a couple bad storms each year for the past few years.
Our office overall is organized but we just underwent adjustments so the routes are in the process of being fixed to make things flow smoother.
I don't know what the tax percentage is but for an example, on my last pay stub I had $107 taken out of $1918 and that's claiming no dependents. I usually get a few hundred back at tax time.
Hope this doesn't scare you away or anything. I don't want to lie and have you get up here and regret it. Hope you're still interested and let me know if you have any more questions.

I am interested in TN. Matt are you interested in Hope Mills NC? It's next to Fayetteville and Fort Bragg. Off of I95. I was not sure if you wanted to move South or a certain location. Mike what town do you work in TN? Thanks,Victoria
gilbertvictoria@yahoo.com

Posts: 18 | Registered: 30 June 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
figure out this reply stuff i think! are u still interested in houston suburb

Posts: 14 | Registered: 16 July 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post