Postal Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Mutual Transfer Ads - Letter Carriers    Are they promoting ptf's to regulars in Florida?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Are they promoting ptf's to regulars in Florida? Login/Join

posted
Hi,I was wondering if anyone knew if they were promoting ptf's to regulars in Florida.I am a regular carrier in CT and I just got accepted for a ptf job in Miami,and have been told different things about the topic by different people and was wondering if anyone knew anything on the matter.Thanks!!

Posts: 94 | Registered: 26 May 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have been trying to transfer to florida for 8 months now.with no success.denial letter after another.How did u get it? They even denied others in my office too.

Posts: 41 | Registered: 12 December 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
def. not where im located SWFL. ptf will stay ptf for a very long time

Posts: 56 | Registered: 06 March 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
How many hrs are you getting a week?

posted Hide Post
im reg. but ptfs are working 6days a wk.

Posts: 56 | Registered: 06 March 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I also was accepted to the Suncoast District as a PTF. We have 3 carriers retiring at the end of the year, and rumor has it they will be making regulars. I will believe it when I see it. Getting between 30-40 hrs. per week. No 6 days here. It all depends on how short staffed your office is, all offices are different.

Posts: 89 | Registered: 09 July 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Interesting...what office are you in? I applied for a bunch of different offices and finally got offered the ptf gig in Miami...

posted Hide Post
There is a National Arbitration thats taking place about this very topic. Management is witholding around 100,000 routes nation wide for clerk excising! Early rumors are that when settled all offices that are currently witholding vacant routes that also have PTF's, the PTF's will get converted to regular! Similar to the one time conversion that happened back in the 1990's.. Again this is just an early rumor that I'm hearing at our local level, but its comming from the business agent directly! Hope this helps a lil..

Posts: 133 | Registered: 17 March 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Here ya go, I just made regular here in AZ. They are filling the T-6 swings with ptf's now new regulars (like me) do to you have to have been carrying mail for one year to be a T-6. They are with holding routes here as well, they are looking to fill them with clerks here very soon. don't think they will last here since summer is here and working inside and outside in AZ are TOTALLY different! They should be dropping like burned up fly's out here. good luck FL!!!

Posts: 31 | Registered: 09 June 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Do you guys know if they will move clerks into regular slots or make them junior ptf's? I am a FT city carrier with just over 7.5 years and have been accepted as a PTF in Largo. I just want to be sure a clerk with 4 years will not jump over me in seniority. Mgmt and union says I will get 40 + hours, but it is still a little scary.

Posts: 64 | Registered: 09 May 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mikeoh2fl:
Do you guys know if they will move clerks into regular slots or make them junior ptf's? I am a FT city carrier with just over 7.5 years and have been accepted as a PTF in Largo. I just want to be sure a clerk with 4 years will not jump over me in seniority. Mgmt and union says I will get 40 + hours, but it is still a little scary.

Management is currently (trying) to whithold full time carrier positions to excess clerks into!! This is a big no no and will not hold up, its being grieved at the national level. If they try and excess a regular clerk into the carrier craft, they will be placed as the junior regular! (but) as I stated above this is a big no no and is being grieved nationally! They can give them the option to be excised into a ptf carrier postition(if ones available) instead of being sent elsewhere but this will make them the Junior PTF as they are crossing crafts.. Hope this helps..

posted Hide Post
Thanks Jon, the information is helpful. Is there any timetable on the resolution and conversion? I have a July 16 release date from Cincinnati, hoping it would be after that date.

Posts: 64 | Registered: 09 May 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mikeoh2fl:
Thanks Jon, the information is helpful. Is there any timetable on the resolution and conversion? I have a July 16 release date from Cincinnati, hoping it would be after that date.

Don't have a clue, myself, might wanna check with your union! Info I received was handed down from the Business Agent to our union President! Do you know if the office you are transfering into is witholding any routes??? If they are, the rumor I am hearing is there will be a one time converstion from PTF to regular for all vacated assignements within that office! I'm sorry I dont have a timetable on the national arbitration issue.. Good luck with your transfer!

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by aic473:
Interesting...what office are you in? I applied for a bunch of different offices and finally got offered the ptf gig in Miami...

Did you get your transfer yet to florida?

Posts: 21 | Registered: 11 June 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I applied to the south district offices from west palm beach down as far as Miami last August how long does it take for a transfer...

Posts: 321 | Location: bronx ny | Registered: 14 August 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post