Postal Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Mutual Transfer Ads - Letter Carriers    Are they promoting ptf's to regulars in Florida?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Are they promoting ptf's to regulars in Florida? Login/Join

posted Hide Post
I am the shop steward for DELTONA Florida. We got all of our ptf city carriers converted. In fact the next 2 ptfs that come in I can get promoted. We did this on the basis that clerks can not ne converted to q2 positions. We also had a freak win when I filed for q1 positions and they converted the rest. We currently have no ptfs and if your a hard worker, get on the list we need the help. We are all working 9 hours six days, even the work assignments.

Posts: 20 | Registered: 19 June 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Steward, how did you get them converted?

Posts: 39 | Registered: 08 June 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Filed a grievance under article 7,12, and 19 stating that due to the fact that excessed clerks can't be excessed into carrier tech positions due to they do not meet the criteria because you have to be a carrier for a year or more to accept the positions. As far as the regular carrier positions, we got lucky and filed at just the right time between withholding events. I also have a very large group of carriers retireing all at once. We have no walking routes in our city, and no fss.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 32738 steward:
Filed a grievance under article 7,12, and 19 stating that due to the fact that excessed clerks can't be excessed into carrier tech positions due to they do not meet the criteria because you have to be a carrier for a year or more to accept the positions. As far as the regular carrier positions, we got lucky and filed at just the right time between iwithholding events. I also have a very large group of carriers retireing all at once. We have no walking routes in our city, and no fss.
Hello. Steward can you call me at 6234664459. I got some question to ask you. Thanks.

Posts: 62 | Registered: 02 November 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This is how the system will go: If the clerk is reassigned by the postal service as a letter carrier it will come into the carrier craft with their old seniority, they won't be junior. If that clerk started 10-23-2001, his seniority will be the same. Now if the clerk go on their own, they will be junior regular. Call the union of the office that you will be transfering to, ask for a seniority list.

Posts: 17 | Registered: 15 October 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am sorry sir but you are incorrect it clearly states in the elm that they come in with seniority below the junior ptf. How do I know this because myself and my postmaster sat down with the jcam and the elm and that's what it said. When i get home I'll put up the exact wording.

posted Hide Post
In my office clerks came over as bottom regulars,then when ptfs. Made regular they jumped ahead of the clerks.clerks will take all vacant routes and ptfs. will be ptfs. forever.

Posts: 39 | Registered: 08 June 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Article 12.5.b.10 of the JCAM states employees from another craft excessed into the letter carrier craft begin a new period of seniority. They will be junior to all current ptfs and not just one day junior to the junior full time regular.

posted Hide Post
With all the reassignments for the clerks to carrier positions, they will not be doing too many transfers through reassigns unless a lot of them retire...

Posts: 321 | Location: bronx ny | Registered: 14 August 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My postmaster is doing everything he can to get people here. The problem is that the "compliment committee" is so backlogged with request for help that they can't keep up. We were told that we have 22 offices in front of us, before we get reinforcements. I have to file non-compliance on my non-compliance grievance awards. I swear its like going on an ocean liner and seeing no one on the bridge. Were is shared services. Where are the sales people that I've given 6 customer connects to that never get followed up on and then I look like the horses ass to the customer, why does FMLA take 6weeks to get an answer from? where is our SUPPORT STAFF.

posted Hide Post
It really sucks because I have 19 years on the job plus I am a vet ..I have a 4 year old that by court order has to be put on a plane 2 times a month just for visitations( mom relocated to florida without my authority so the judge hit her with expenses and travel).She only 4 and she is complaining that she doesnt like airplanes anymore..I dont blame her..But i am very desperate enough to even become a PTF again if need be..

Posts: 321 | Location: bronx ny | Registered: 14 August 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Union filed grievance in Tampa and 22 ptfs being converted affective 6-30-12 into both Q1 and Q2 positions. Also filed grievance in Plant City and got 2 Q1 positions also affective the same date. Plant City has 2 more Q1 positions open with no PTF's to upgrade. Just as last steward said, union filed the same articles here with local 599.

Posts: 1 | Registered: 25 June 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I spoke to one of the station managers in Miami because I was considering doing a transfer. They have PTFs there who have been PTFs for over 6 years! Not converting them at the rate they are in Vegas or Ohio. So, I nixed that idea. He wasn't too optimistic about future conversions either. Not enough retirees.

Posts: 106 | Registered: 12 July 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
By the way, steward is correct. A clerk converted to carrier cannot leapfrog current ptfs in seniority. That goes for any craft position.

Posts: 106 | Registered: 12 July 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post