Postal Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Mutual Transfer Ads - Letter Carriers    3 way trades
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

3 way trades Login/Join

posted
I have seen people posting here for 3 way or even 4 way trades, but my question is this. Has anyone actually been approved and finished a 3 way trade? How long was the process? Is there anything in our contract that forbids 3 way trades or is there anything that mentions that mutual exchanges must be between 2 parties only? I am not interested in heresay, I want to know people who actually concluded a 3 or 4 way trade. Thanks!

Posts: 339 | Location: United States | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I completed a 3-way trade 2 months ago. It took about 3 months to complete. In addition to all postmasters approval you need the Areas(over district) of the 3 stations to also approve. Form om500 must be filled out and sent to shared services with all 3 carriers information. You need to keep on HR and also keep on all 3 postmasters to push it along. All 3 postmasters will agree on a date, once this happens as long as no one bails out on you, you should be good to go. Hope this helps.

Posts: 23 | Registered: 06 March 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Rob,

Where can I find a copy of the Form OM500? My personel office seems to be lost.

Posts: 13 | Registered: 25 June 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Google this exactly as you see "postalpeople form om500" and then download the pdf file, you will see everything you need. om500 form is on page 31. Good Luck.

Posts: 23 | Registered: 06 March 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post