Postal Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Mutual Transfer Ads - Letter Carriers    DELETED - TOPIC CLOSED
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

DELETED - TOPIC CLOSED Login/Join

posted
DELETED - TOPIC CLOSED

This message has been edited. Last edited by: suflex,

Posts: 392 | Location: Henderson, NV | Registered: 06 June 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Would you consider Las Vegas, NV., I'm a T-6 here and lots of people are tranferring from California to Vegas. You might find it easier to tranfer to Cal once you're here or maybe we can find someone so we can do a 3-way...

Posts: 7 | Registered: 19 August 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Would you consider Sarasota FLorida?

My email is allap@comcast.net

Posts: 3 | Registered: 10 December 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Friend becareful with the re-assign proccess. I have a brother and many friends working in those post offices you want to go to. They are saying there is no overtime and that they are all undertime. Some stations are giving them the option of using Annual leave to go home early. These are regulars and old timers that used to be overtime hogs. In this environment you might be coming in as a PTF. They said they use less than 4hrs and rotate days on and off of PTFs to make it fair. I dont want to scare you but check out your station before you transfer. I dont know your situation but my wife stays home with the kids so we couldnt survive on my working four hours every other day for a few years. Thats why I'm trying to transfer via mutual exchange. By the way i worked ten years in the area you want to go to. Good luck and make your choice an informed one.

Posts: 64 | Registered: 10 May 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi there. Any success so far? I am in Simi Valley, CA Ventura County. A bit south from where you're looking to go, but Simi has lots of OT and is very safe. We are also mostly mounted, with some NDCBU routes and businesses. Only a couple park-and-loops. I am a PTF, and am looking to move to Lebanon, TN. Ain't love grand? Clarksville is still within my range of commute. Please let me kmow what you think. Thanks Sarah wellnesstoall@yahoo.com 805-791-4768

Posts: 4 | Registered: 20 August 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Would you be willing to do a three way transfer with someone from the Modesto area and me?

Posts: 4 | Registered: 20 August 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mk is in Simi valley. thats close enough to palmdale/lancaster which is very affordable.
She wants Northern WA... There is a carrier that wants to go to Texas to be close to their daughter from i beleive its bellingham, WA. ... Then there is a carrier wanting TN from Texas... Its a long shot but it might work for all of you...

The only favour i ask for is if everyone can ask at their stations if anyone wants Indiana (munster) just outside of chicago. Lets try helping each other for a change....

Posts: 64 | Registered: 10 May 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
E reassign will not work for any of us right now.They keep adding the FSS to different areas and trying to force carriers to areas they don't want to go. Mostof us have homes we can not sell with the economy the way it is.The union has filed article 12.They can not force us to move and they wont buy your home.They do that only for management..One of every 5 routes will be abolished.This is per a postmaster I spoke with.So everything is currently on hold indeffinitely.We need to work together to protect ourselves! Take something close to the area you want to go to.You could be stuck as a PTF for years if you ever get transfered.They are also hiring TEs.. Aren't they suppose to transfer us first? Grievances need to be filed in many areas.Talk to the postmaster in the area you want to go to.It will blow your mind.See how many TEs there are.We need to investigate our situations for sure.

Posts: 48 | Registered: 24 January 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Are you sure we cant do three ways?? I will talk with my boss... thanks

Posts: 56 | Registered: 11 February 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post