Postal Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Mutual Transfer Ads - Letter Carriers    eReassign question ?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

eReassign question ? Login/Join

posted
Anyone have an idea why it takes so long to get a response to a vacancy? I've been putting in for different offices within my desired area (Central Illinois) for the past year yet no response or review of file.

My union rep told me that I needed to be patient and wait. Also that the particular district might have closed down some plants so the excess employees need to be served first. Any truth to that?

Posts: 30 | Registered: 12 June 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
true. also keep checking that dist to see if there are any openings in the office you want to go to, they are updated monthly. someone may have filled the position already. perhaps they put in for it before you did. once a carrier has been reassigned to an office, the next 3 ccas get to make regular before they take in another reassign. trades are always a better option

Posts: 372 | Registered: 27 November 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Good info, thanks

posted Hide Post
It shouldn't take long. You can call and ask where you are on the list to go to where you want but now when they post an opening its because route went lift unbid. I had thought it was going to take awhile before so I had put in and they wanted me to start at new location in less than 90 days. Had to decline cause that was to fast. I'm pretty sure if I remember you can look up the see if your ereassign bid is processing.

Posts: 5 | Registered: 30 March 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the info....

I'm going to let the union rep keep checking on my transfer status for me. It's the least i can get out of my union dues. I don't think anyone wants to come to lower NY so I wont hold my breath for a mutual exchange anytime soon. I will keep my fingers crossed though.

posted Hide Post
Who can find out where on the list I am? Is it the union reps? Is it HR? I was told by the Savannah, GA transfer supervisor that he could not see where I am on the list, and only when the computer pops out my name is when he will know.

Posts: 2 | Registered: 06 February 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think the Postmaster for that particular office u put in for will know. I remember I put in for an office and the Postmaster told me I was #2 on the list out of 20.

posted Hide Post
The HR people can tell the amount of transfers wanting to come in. Or on their list. I think it'd be easier than the union getting it unless they have the free time to call. Our local hr has told people the number they were. There is a ratio they have to keep in regards to transfers. If it's a small office and they've had them before it could be awhile. It's best to blanket the area and know that you might be more likely to transfer with someone after you are already in that area.

I'm sure you know this but there is a list on open vacancies you can see on the union website. Of course it doesn't say how many people have already put in to transfer there.

Posts: 25 | Location: Wichita, KS | Registered: 08 December 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
can anyone tell me if it goes against you to turn down a ereassign position? i am under review for a position in Sarasota. my circumstances have changed but i still want to transfer in the near future.

Posts: 14 | Registered: 10 April 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If it's just under review, it usually is at least 3 months out before you'd be transferring, and you can negotiate the time you start at the new station. If you really want to move in the near future you strongly consider taking it now and negotiate the date...otherwise it could be years before another opportunity becomes available...but to answer your question, no it doesn't go against you people turn them down all the time and transfer later no problems.

Posts: 12 | Location: United States | Registered: 01 March 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post