Postal Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Mutual Transfer Ads - Letter Carriers    Question about good/bad records
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Question about good/bad records Login/Join

posted
Will any accident disqualify a person from making an exchange? Does it matter the circumstances? What constitutes a bad record when it comes to accidents?

Posts: 20 | Location: Tulsa, Oklahoma | Registered: 14 March 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
And how far back do they look?

Posts: 20 | Location: Tulsa, Oklahoma | Registered: 14 March 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So if I find someone with no accidents at all will any accident on my part stop the trade? I have had a couple of Slip & Falls on ice. No work time lost. I don't believe that they were my fault. Trying to go from Tulsa, Ok to Phoenix or Tuscon, AZ. Will that be ok? Does it depend on who is doing the check?

posted Hide Post
suflex, how long did it take for you to hear about approval of your last trade in 2009 from the time you sent in your request to hearing of your approval? Did you bug them alot or just let the process work itself out? And when you did get an approval, how long did they give you to move and your new start date? How did they assign your day off schedule? Did you assume the person who left? Did you go to their specific station as unassigned? Sorry for the barrage of questions, but I too am in the process of a mutual. Final question. My record is clear, but the guy I am trading with has used about 8 days per year of sick leave, mostly in 1/2 day increments to care for his mom, kid and his own medical issues. HR told him that 90% of the sick leave should have been FMLA. He agreed, but said at the time he didn't think about doing it cause he wasn't trying or even thinking of transferring. My question here is, if the PO gives us 13 days sick leave per year, how can they punish him by possibly denying his trade if he only used 8 each year over the past 2 years??? Thanks!

Posts: 339 | Location: United States | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Suflex, Yes, we have already sent our paperwork in. I am approved, but they are questioning the other guy due to his "unscheduled" absences. In the past 2 years he has taken about 8 days of sick leave per year... mostly half days for kids being sick, his own appts and his mom having quadruple bypass surgery. His sups knew about it, yet didn't ask him to apply for FMLA. My HR person interviewed him and said that about 90% of his absences could have been filed under FMLA. He said he understood, but never was told to do so and that his management team never cared that he took half days. Nor was he looking for a transfer at that time. Now, he carries splits everyday in undertime, yet he may be denied for his absences. The USPS gives us 13 sick days per year, yet they could deny him for using 8?? This sure sounds like a grievance to me if he gets denied. What do you think? I have an appointment with our Postmaster on Wednesday to try and convince him to approve us. Any ideas?

Posts: 339 | Location: United States | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi ...this is Mary and Iam working on a 3 way transfer we (all 3) just sent our letter to each Postmaster...but from reading your ad...We also have to sent HR a letter as well?...I thought the Postmasters would request our records? Please let me know ....any information will help...this is my first transfer...I just want to make sure Iam doing it right...Please contact me at Mary 562-331-4972 or mluvbarn@aol.com...Thanks

Posts: 39 | Location: Long Beach California | Registered: 27 July 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post