Postal Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Mutual Transfer Ads - Letter Carriers    E-reassign
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

E-reassign Login/Join

posted Hide Post
I called the Postmaster in Charleston and he told me there is no list.

Posts: 145 | Registered: 26 August 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
wow!!! I'm going to have to look into this. Someone is wrong or I've been lied to. Did you request a transfer to Charleston through ereassign?

Posts: 59 | Location: brockton, ma. | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There is a list. It is contratual and they can not arbitrarily do away with it. They can ignore it as they did in my case and go around it as they did in my case also. Talk to the union stewart in Charleston and see if the PO is violating the contact. But if you are 14th on the list, you will never get called in the near future. There will not be that many openings and they will probably use excess clerks to fill the positions as they did to me.

Posts: 77 | Registered: 10 September 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
SOUNDS LIKE THEY ARE TRYING TO PULL A FAST ONE.IF THEY ARE HIRING OFF THE LIST YOU CAN GRIEVE THIS.I HAD SOMETHING SIMILAR HAPPEN TO ME WHEN I TRANSFERED TO FL.WE WENT WAY ABOVE THE PM AND HE WAS ORDERED TO GO OFF THE LIST.CHARLESTON IS WITHIN 500 MILES OF ATLANTA WHERE ALL THOSE CARRIERS WERE BEING EXCESSED.SO THAT COULD ALSO BE THE HOLD UP SINCE THEY HAVE TO BE PLACES FIRST. KEEP IN MIND SOME AREAS WILL BE UNAVAILABLE FOR YEARS BECAUSE OF THIS..

Posts: 48 | Registered: 24 January 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was told by the Postmaster that they needed carriers bad in Charleston but they could not take any transfers because of art 12

posted Hide Post
I received a letter from the Union rep for the southeast a few months ago and it said I was 11 on the Charleston list. My manager recently told me Ive moved to 4th. I'm going to have to look into whats going on. People seem to be moving from the list or maybe they took their names off? I've been on that list for 16 months and have received confirmation and I've never been told they're not taking transfers.

Posts: 59 | Location: brockton, ma. | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mike, maybe when you get to Charleston you can help me out. People have told me that they are excessing from Atlanta. I don't know if that is true but i would love to know what is going on. I have called human resources and what a waste of time. We have 14 vacant routes in warwick alone so i would think that everyone is in the same situation.

posted Hide Post
I just recieved one in May from FL to SC but it took 1.5yrs. Good Luck
quote:
Originally posted by Wags:
Hey there everyone. I am in Tucson looking to go to Phoenix. I cannot find a mutual transfer, so I am thinking about E-reassign and go as a PTF. Does anyone know if the USPS is accepting transfers through E-reassign? I know for a fact that the USA has reached their quota for hiring TE's. So does that mean that they will accept straight up transfers? Has anyone tried to transfer through E-reassign? How long does this process usually take? Any info on E-reassign would be appreciated. Thanks!

Posts: 14 | Registered: 19 May 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have been trying to transfer through e-reassign for 2 years.