Postal Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Mutual Transfer Ads - Letter Carriers    mutal transfer question
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

mutal transfer question Login/Join

posted
How does a mutual transfer work? Do you exchange seniority dates with the person you are transferring with? What happens in a 3 way transfer with seniority? I’ve tried to contact my union about how to start the process once I have found a carrier to trade with and have gotten nowhere.

Posts: 12 | Registered: 24 July 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Doesn't matter if it is a 2 way or a 3 way mutual, all carriers will end up with the lowest seniority of all involved. Hope this helps. Completed a 3 way 2 years ago.

Posts: 23 | Registered: 06 March 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You will all have the lowest seniority of the 3 carriers. All 3 of you need to send a certified letter with return receipt to all 3 Postmasters. This letter needs to be very clear, where you all want to transfer and have all info on all 3 carriers: names, seniority, station names and addresses, manager name, phone numbers,Postmasters names, addresses and phone numbers if they are in a diferent office. Then the Postmasters should contact the human resource and they should all request your files, sick leave record and a recomandation letter fron your sup/manager. Than you wait... 4 to 8 weeks for approval. If they have questions they will contact you! If you have problems with the approval, than you need to contact your union president. If you get approved they will ask you for a report date witch shold be within 2 or 3 pay periods. I have done 2 transfers, first one (3 way) took 3 months, second one(2 way) in 2 nonths. Good luck to you and I hope this helped you...

Posts: 30 | Registered: 12 March 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes, that has helped a lot. Thank you!

Posts: 12 | Registered: 24 July 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
One small change in this information!
Due to HIPA rules you no longer have to offer nor can Mgmt. request your sick leave record.

Posts: 57 | Registered: 21 June 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
the union is only good to take your money...wish you luck...everything my union told me was wrong and did nothing too help...

Posts: 41 | Registered: 12 December 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post