Postal Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Mutual Transfer Ads - Letter Carriers    TO ALL DFW REGULARS-SHOULD I TRANSFER AS A PTF TO DFW?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

TO ALL DFW REGULARS-SHOULD I TRANSFER AS A PTF TO DFW? Login/Join

posted
Are the PTFs making tons of OT? If so, I'm thinking of transferring as one and giving up my regular status? Anyone with feedback?

Bill Lalande

BL

Posts: 82 | Registered: 06 January 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If you have several years as a reg. then don't even think about losing your seniority, with all of the routes that are being lost, and they are pushing routes right out the back door, so if your a PTF, you won't have a route to bid on and keep you at a station, they'll move you to somewhere else, over and over. So rethink about moving as a PTF and look for a transfer with someone that has seniority, trust me on this...

Posts: 307 | Registered: 11 June 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
if you are a regular, you cannot trade with a ptf... you can only do e-reassign and go as a ptf

Posts: 339 | Location: United States | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
BL, I am in carrollton, tx (n. dallas0. If you call me I can help you Alot of PTF In the area 214-587-9499

Posts: 106 | Registered: 12 March 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
BL, where do you see that Dallas is accepting PTF's? I am always checking E-reassign and I don't see any openings for carriers in Dallas. Just wondering if I am missing something. Thanks

Posts: 339 | Location: United States | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wags, e-reassign has listings for PTFs mostly in the Ft Worth District. They might be listed in the Dallas District as well. Last year, I applied for e-reassign for the Ft Worth District with no openings listed and had a reply to transfer to Hurst. So it seems that no listings doesn't mean they're not hiring. Thanks

BL

posted Hide Post
Thanks for helping me understand E-reassign BL. So when you applied, who contacted you about Hurst? Do you have a contact person in personnel who tells you what is open?

posted Hide Post
Wags, I was contacted by Helen Spain, Manager of Human Resources in the Ft Worth District. She sent me a letter notifiing me that they had an opening for the Hurst office. I filled out all the information of what offices in the district I wanted to transfer to in order of preference. I believe there are 5 or so choices when appling through e-reassign. Although some offices are not listed on e-reassign, there are some who need PTFs even if not listed. You have a choice to accept or refuse the transfer within a specific period of time if you do not want that office.

BL

posted Hide Post
thr Ft. Worth side is better then Dallas. Stay away from the Big Eight. Smaller towns are still growing so a better chance to become reg. If you need help you may call me 214-587-9499

posted Hide Post
fmscaper, I think you're right. I've worked in Arlington and Weatherford as a PTF before moving to Lafayette, LA now as full-time. Weatherford was a good office for me. Everyone was laid back. I'm hoping to go there again soon. My wife's family lives in Weatherford and the Metroplex, so we're looking to move back soon. I wish I could mutual swap with someone, but how many Texas carriers have ties to come to South Louisiana?

BL

posted Hide Post
Thanks for filling me in BL. I never understood how one would get contacted about E-reassign. I applied back in June, but my status says "on hold". Still waiting for a mutual too... Good luck to you!

posted Hide Post
I applied for e-reassign in Feb of 08' and i'm still waiting!

Posts: 59 | Location: brockton, ma. | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
In the last 4mo. we have got 3 ptf by ereassign by way of NY, NM, LA. Also 4 people from the clerk craft put in as low regs. If all of my stations people would come to work every day my O/T would be very low. How do you check your status for eresign filed back in july 09

posted Hide Post
The process for e-assign requires alot of work.I app;ied to 30+ stations in Oregon.Some were stand alone stations and some were in districts with multiple stations. Depending on size of the stations for every 3 hires the 4th must be off the e-assign for larger stations. smaller stations it is 8 to 1 I think. This is where the work comes in. you need to get ahold of the union in the station you are interested in to keep track of hiring to ensure that mgt . follows the ratio. I assure you they don't.If you get a decent HR person they can tell you where you are for a station on the e-assign list.By the way TE's count for the hire ratio,mgt ignores that when they do the counting.

Posts: 77 | Registered: 10 September 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
whats the best way to contact hr or the union rep. I've tried going through my union rep and am not getting anywhere.

Posts: 59 | Location: brockton, ma. | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post