Postal Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Mutual Transfer Ads - Letter Carriers    TO ALL DFW REGULARS-SHOULD I TRANSFER AS A PTF TO DFW?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

TO ALL DFW REGULARS-SHOULD I TRANSFER AS A PTF TO DFW? Login/Join

posted Hide Post
Mike Call the station you are interested in and ask to speak to the union steward. If you don't have the number search on usps for the station. they will list all the stations for a city. Find out who deals with transfers and new hires. they can pull up the hiring done over the last year or two. See if the new hires and e-assign ratio was followed. If not you may have a grievance. You will need to have your union rep request from the offending stations HR dept. a list of e=assigns for that station.
I was able to get my position on the list for all 40 stations I applied to in OR. Then its a matter of math. If you are 1st or 2nd on the list and they hired 10 TE's and no one from the e-assign list you file a greivance. I am still on the listing for OR and get calls from HR if I am interested. I am doing a mutual swap to WA
on 1/30 start date, but will stay on the e-assign list until I actually start in WA. I applied 2 years ago this April, renewed request last year and am now 1st at many of the stations
I wanted.

Posts: 77 | Registered: 10 September 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Skycap, how do you get a copy of the list showing you where you are on the E-reassing list? I applied last June and was told that there is no list. I was told this by Phoenix personnel!

Posts: 339 | Location: United States | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
BL Hi, this is David Prather in WA I have been trying unsucessfully to transfer to Fort Worth District since 2008 Specificly Lubbock. When were you contacted by Helen Spain. I have talked to the Postmaster of Lubbock, he tells me they are down 12 carriers with more about to retire and need people. Helen Spain tells me the compliment board says there are no openings. She says that I am #1 on the transfer list for Lubbock. What about this transfer ratio. I would have thought it would be in the Post Offices best intrest to allow transfers rather than having to train T E's.

Posts: 8 | Registered: 13 August 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hey David, I really don't understand the way the USPS handles the e-reassign process. Last year I applied for a transfer to the Ft Worth area through e-reassign when there were no postings. However, within a month Helen Spain sent me a letter saying they were wanting to send me to Hurst,TX pending a review of my file. Apparently, there are openings that we may not know of.

BL

Posts: 82 | Registered: 06 January 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am not sure of the exact spot in the national contract, but it specifically address the hiring of employees and the ratio to use e-assign. I got my standing to every station I applied to on e-assign. Some I was first and some 2 or 3.They do have a list to work off of, how else are they going to know who applied and when.As an example I was 3rd on the list for Eugene or. The #1 guy didn't renew his request at the end of his 1yr request. They hired 8 employess, 4 before I applied for e-assign. But the guy who became #1 on the list was not hired thru e-assign. Mgt violated the contract and he greived it, won and was hired with a retroactive date as if they hired him properly.
you can get the list if the HR peop;e will work with you, if not file a greivance to get it. Now as far as applying for Lubbock and getting a call for Hurst. It is possible that no one has applied for Hurst on e-assign and they offered it to you as you are 1st on the list for somewhere else. The post office does not necessarily post openings for carriers on the web site. They can hire TE's and not need to look for carrer employees. Especially with the hiring freeze in place. It takes some work and the only one you can rely on is you, keep after you union steward and HR to help you.

Posts: 77 | Registered: 10 September 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BL:
Are the PTFs making tons of OT? If so, I'm thinking of transferring as one and giving up my regular status? Anyone with feedback?

Bill Lalande
I was a regular carrier for 4 years but had to commute 3 hours daily to work.put in a transfer 1 1/2 ago.now working as PTF 5 min from work.office has 40 routes,6 ptf's,6 TE's.been on opt ever since i got here.was it a good move??helll yea!! STAY AWAY from small stations and check to see if there are using TE's. if they are using TE's,they are the ones that get kick around not you plus you are guarantee 40 hours. im working about 45 hours per week now mostly double casing.good luck

Posts: 10 | Registered: 20 July 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Kien H where are stationed at

Posts: 106 | Registered: 12 March 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fmscaper:
Kien H where are stationed at
I'm from San Bernardino County,Southern California

Posts: 10 | Registered: 20 July 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hey guys i'm a PTF in New Jersey and i'm thinking about putting a transfer to the Ft Worth dist. I see there's openings on e-reassing
what offices do you guys recomend in terms of getting 40 + hrs as a PTF. Pls Help .!! Thanks !!

Posts: 13 | Registered: 02 December 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
they r no longer promoting ptf to regulars instead vacant routes r being offered to unassigned regulars. if u become a ptf u probably never become a regular again

Posts: 61 | Registered: 26 January 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post