Postal Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Mutual Transfer Ads - Letter Carriers    Driving Test????
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Driving Test???? Login/Join

posted
Just got my transfer. The gaining office told me that since 2007, carriers who transfer outside their district has to take some kind of driver's exam. The losing district is required to do this before the carrier transfers. Anybody heard of this? if so, what should I expect?

Posts: 7 | Registered: 22 March 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I got my transfer and report in a month, I've never heard of what you are talking about. The only thing I have to do is take a "refresher" course on my 2nd day in my new office. This doesn't involve my current office at all.

Posts: 89 | Registered: 09 July 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
When I transfered over here to Spokane, I also had to retake the Postal Driving Exam (essentially being recertified on the LLV and 2-Ton)But I didn't need the Classroom BS that we had to do origionally. You'll be fine.

Posts: 27 | Location: Spokane, WA | Registered: 25 June 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I transferreed from vegas to seattle dist and didn't have to do anything

Posts: 77 | Registered: 10 September 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post