Postal Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Letter Carriers Discussion Forum    How accurate is your scanner GPS?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

How accurate is your scanner GPS? Login/Join

posted
Management always swearing by the scanner GPS, but my scanner GPS isn't pinpoint accurate. The scan alerts are almost never on point. There's one location on my route where I receive almost daily requests for scan requests for an address more than a quarter mile away. My station manager actually said that wifi alarms at businesses on my route are causing the inaccuracies.

Posts: 58 | Location: Dallas, Texas | Registered: 14 March 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Oops, just realized I missed one of those scans when I postponed it today. Always get the alert on the wrong street or farther up the street from the actual address. Now I`ll probably have the manager stopping by the case tomorrow wondering why I missed it.

Also, they know exactly how many pieces of mail you need to scan. So one day it was for a vacant so I didn`t scan the letters. Manager was at my case the next day asking why.

Posts: 12 | Registered: 15 August 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Message scanner alerts are always off. Sometimes next street over and will not be at that address for a few hours

Posts: 97 | Registered: 28 September 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My Scanner is good within 100ft on the first request. But it will tighten up from that first scan to 10 to 20ft from front of home! Remember that GPS is a military device that has a built in algorithm that moves from day to day hour to hour. This is for security reasons. The scan request are nothing more than a way to get a better fix. It used to say 5 pieces but they found that the send and reply was too short to get a good fix! Thus scan 15 Pieces

Posts: 3 | Registered: 11 September 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post