Postal Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Letter Carriers Discussion Forum    forced Sunday delivery
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

forced Sunday delivery Login/Join

posted
The city carriers in our office were notified this morning that because of the increased volume of Amazon parcels city carriers may be ordered in on Sundays if there are not enough CCA's or OTD carriers available.
That I can understand, but then we were told they would start ordering in non-ODL carriers from the top of the roster. That has never been protocol in this office - they have always ordered the junior carriers and worked their way to the top of the roster - and apparently our local union officials are OK with that.
This sounds very peculiar to me. Has this happened in other offices?

Posts: 2 | Location: upstate New York | Registered: 22 August 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Only CCAs on Sundays in Dallas so far.

Posts: 58 | Location: Dallas, Texas | Registered: 14 March 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Our city is just CCAs.

Posts: 12 | Registered: 15 August 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Only CCAs here. If they force non-odl it should be least seniority first

Posts: 97 | Registered: 28 September 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yesterday the supervisor went around the office and asked the non-ODL carriers if they wanted to "volunteer" to work today (Sunday) - I don't know if any agreed to do it.
We've got a grievance pending about making the ODL carriers work up to 12 hours before they force non-ODL carriers in. I'm not sure but I think they're finally forcing the ODL carriers to come in on Sundays whether they want to or not.

Posts: 2 | Location: upstate New York | Registered: 22 August 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Funny its not your day off to be forced in on? Sunday is listed as a non work day, the reason why time and a half pay is issued for work. You will receive something close to it but its not 1.5 times your pay.

Posts: 3 | Registered: 11 September 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Last year we had ODL carriers forced in to work Sundays until we got enough CCAs

Posts: 12 | Registered: 15 August 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post