Postal Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Postal Clerks Discussion Forum    18 mnths bfore transfer??
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

18 mnths bfore transfer?? Login/Join

posted
Hello,
My name is Michael Land, and I am a career SSDA at the Denton MPO in North Texas. I have been attempting to swap with another career clerk since August 1 of this year, but have encountered many roadblocks along the way. We both have been told that we cannot swap until we have been at our current location for 18 months. I was converted on July 8, 2017. My potential swap mate E-reassigned from Utah August 19, 2017. She was already career.

The HR contact here in my district (Fort Worth) told my swap mate that we would be able to circumvent the 18 month period by doing a mutual clerk swap. It took me 7 weeks to get my Postmaster to send my files to her Postmaster, but he refuses to send her files to my station, citing the 18 month rule.

I overheard someone at my station two days ago mention that there is a new mandate, or law, or amendment to our contract that states that the new waiting period is only 90 days, and that this is already in practice in the eastern area of the country.

My question is this: Is there any validity to this statement I heard? And if so, where might I find the article pertaining to this topic?

I've gone to my union president about this, but now it seems that my inquiries are falling on deaf ears. I am a union member in good standing, and I believe in the union, but I can't seem to find the info that I am seeking.

If anyone has any information or ideas, I would be very appreciative for your help and guidance.

Thank you for your time consideration.

Sincerely,

Mike Land
Mikeland1960@gmail.com

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Mike Land,

Posts: 3 | Location: Denton | Registered: 01 August 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Land:
Hello,
My name is Michael Land, and I am a career SSDA at the Denton MPO in North Texas. I have been attempting to swap with another career clerk since August 1 of this year, but have encountered many roadblocks along the way. We both have been told that we cannot swap until we have been at our current location for 18 months. I was converted on July 8, 2017. My potential swap mate E-reassigned from Utah August 19, 2017. She was already career.

The HR contact here in my district (Fort Worth) told my swap mate that we would be able to circumvent the 18 month period by doing a mutual clerk swap. It took me 7 weeks to get my Postmaster to send my files to her Postmaster, but he refuses to send her files to my station, citing the 18 month rule.

I overheard someone at my station two days ago mention that there is a new mandate, or law, or amendment to our contract that states that the new waiting period is only 90 days, and that this is already in practice in the eastern area of the country.

My question is this: Is there any validity to this statement I heard? And if so, where might I find the article pertaining to this topic?

I've gone to my union president about this, but now it seems that my inquiries are falling on deaf ears. I am a union member in good standing, and I believe in the union, but I can't seem to find the info that I am seeking.

If anyone has any information or ideas, I would be very appreciative for your help and guidance.

Thank you for your time consideration.

Sincerely,

Mike Land
Mikeland1960@gmail.com

because of this statement "and that this is already in practice in the eastern area of the country."

you need to contact the nba for your area so they can contact the nba for the "east"

Posts: 54 | Registered: 31 August 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post