Postal Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Mutual Transfer Ads - Rural Carriers    How long does it take for the paperwork to go through for a trade?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

How long does it take for the paperwork to go through for a trade? Login/Join

posted
I just wanted to here from anyone who has done a mutual transfer and see how long does it take for the paperwork to go through and be finalized. Thanks

Posts: 72 | Location: FoCo | Registered: 22 February 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the reply! Thanks for the info.

Posts: 72 | Location: FoCo | Registered: 22 February 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It can happen much quicker than that! I've completed two transfers, one local and one long distance. The local transfer was 3 weeks from paperwork submitted to HR and mutual transfer to our new offices! Fast!!

Posts: 41 | Registered: 27 June 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Although, even in a local transfer the routes have to be posted up for bid. We actually transferred before the bidding took place. It isn't necessary for the routes to be reassigned before the two transferring individuals trade.

posted Hide Post
Thanks for all the info. I am wanting to transfer in October and I wanted to know when to start the paper work. I can't do the transfer any sooner then October so I need to time it out right. I have never done one and I am just curious how it all works.

posted Hide Post
Steph123.....You can request a specific date (as long as day 1 is the start of a new pay period), and as long as everyone agrees to that date.

posted Hide Post
I've done 3 transfers and it's always taken 60 days before you start at new office.

Posts: 232 | Registered: 27 March 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks everyone for the info!

posted Hide Post
I know you lose seniority when you transfer but do you lose ur pay steps too? Does anyone know?

posted Hide Post
Your pay step is not affected by transferring. You maintain your seniority with USPS, but not with your new office. In otherwords, you become the low man on the totem pole of regulars.

posted Hide Post
Oh ok thanks so much for the info. Mthood Smiler. U from Oregon?