Postal Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Mutual Transfer Ads - Rural Carriers    Looking for an open route to bid on.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Looking for an open route to bid on. Login/Join

posted
Wife and I decided we'd love to move to another part of the US... No idea how to find an open route to bid on.. any help would be awesome! I've gone thru Liteblue and then the e-bidding.. but nothing ever comes up for our district..

Posts: 5 | Location: Berrien Springs, MI | Registered: 11 January 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You can't bid on another route. You need to find someone to transfer with in the city you want to go to. Then a transfer form needs to be signed by all parties and approved with both post masters.

LiteBlue is for bidding on posted routes in your post office/district.

You need to use the message boards like this one, or put an add in the carrier magazines or post a notice in the desired post offices to find a transfer. It is usually a long and frustrating process.

Are you both rural carriers wanting to transfer together? My husband & I want to transfer from Arizona to Florida? Where are you located and where do you want to go?

Thanks, Charlie charliez@cox.net

Charlie 602-391-7453 or charliez@cox.net. Will take any route.
Flexible move date. Clean record. Great attendance. Ready to sign!!

Posts: 384 | Location: Scottsdale, AZ 85255 | Registered: 11 August 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm in Michigan.. but only an RCA not a regular.. I was told you can bid on open routes in other offices if they don't have any subs in their office to bid on it? Is that incorrect?

Posts: 5 | Location: Berrien Springs, MI | Registered: 11 January 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
As an RCA all you have to do is transfer to another office. Your Postmaster and the one you want to transfer to just have to agree to it. Every office has RCAs so bidding on a route in another office is just not going to happen.

Posts: 15 | Registered: 23 May 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by USPSredbeard:
I'm in Michigan.. but only an RCA not a regular.. I was told you can bid on open routes in other offices if they don't have any subs in their office to bid on it? Is that incorrect?

If there's no subs in the office, it would go up for bid in the district. On the very unlikely chance that no RCA or regular in the entire district would bid on it, then the best you can do is transfer to that office as an RCA and wait for it to be posted for bid again. You can not bid on a route from outside of the office or district. Also, I think you have to be an RCA for a year before bidding on a regular route. Not sure if that year resets if you transfer as an RCA to a new office but I don't think so. Good luck.

Posts: 50 | Registered: 02 June 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
As an RCA you do not need your current Postmaster to sign off on you transferring to another office. All there has to be is an available position at the office you wish to go to. It IS highly recommended that you discuss with your Postmaster what your intentions are to avoid any misunderstandings because your future Postmaster will probably ask your present Postmaster about your work habits and history. You do not start a new probationary period you are credited for all accumulated work experience, but you will lose whatever seniority you have and start as the lowest seniority RCA in your new office.

Posts: 16 | Registered: 30 August 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post