Postal Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Mutual Transfer Ads - Rural Carriers    List of annoying things people do on this forum.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

List of annoying things people do on this forum. Login/Join

posted
Because it has to be said...

Please don't do the following:

1. Starting a thread or replying to a post and giving no contact information. While you may be able to telepathically communicate with people, not everyone is blessed with your gift. Please provide us with a way to contact you, a phone number, an email address, something!

2. Starting a thread telling us where you want to go but not telling us where you are (or being extremely vague about it). It’s kind of important for us to know where you are if you are serious about transferring. Telling us your office is in east Texas or "up in the mountains of NC" is not helpful either. How about you state specifically which office you are located in?

3. Agreeing to a transfer, then ignoring the other carrier(s). So you changed your mind? You should let the other person know so they can move on and start looking for other opportunities. Not answering calls/texts/emails after you’ve said yes to a transfer is extremely rude, cowardly and selfish.

4. Replying to and bumping up a thread that is 8 years old. Look at the date of the original post. If someone posted on the site in 2007 that they were looking for a transfer, and they never posted to the site again. Chances are they are not looking for a transfer anymore.

Feel free to add to the list.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Tick Tock,

Posts: 25 | Registered: 23 May 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
In reference to #1, isn't that what "Reply to Post" option is for? If someone is interested then you can exchange contact information.

Posts: 101 | Registered: 10 June 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have had 3 transfers fall through because people have flaked out, im just about done with even trying anymore.

Posts: 68 | Registered: 10 September 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jbell:
In reference to #1, isn't that what "Reply to Post" option is for? If someone is interested then you can exchange contact information.

Reply to post should be used for people who are looking for more information to see if they may be interested. Like, how many routes? evaluations? postal vehicles? etc. I will agree that not every reply warrants that contact info be included. But if you are a person starting a thread looking for a transfer and are serious about transferring I don't see any good reason not to include contact information.

While this is a message forum, it's not really a "discussion forum" and has more of a classified ads type of purpose. No one would place an ad trying to sell their car without any contact info would they? Unless they weren't really serious about selling their car.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Tick Tock,

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cbigby:
I have had 3 transfers fall through because people have flaked out, im just about done with even trying anymore.

Sorry to hear but it happens to everyone. The majority of people on here are flakes so it's unavoidable to run into them. Just keep trying and stay positive. Persistence is the key to success.

posted Hide Post
sad but true I have had 5 transfers back out change mind etc its frustrating and disappointing oh of course theres the ones that call say they are coming to check out the area leave you messages only to find out they met up with another carrier in another office and never bothered to tell you anything would be nice to here I have changed my mind, it won't work at this time and then delete your post so people will know you aren't interested any more....just saying

Posts: 167 | Location: Phoenix Arizona | Registered: 16 October 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
OH YELL YES!! You CAN DELETE YOUR POST when your transfer is done or you no longer want to transfer. SO DELETE YOUR REQUEST/POST!!!

6 ... 6 transfers I have had and all backed out. Didn't have the balls to call, text, email me back or respond...just stopped answering. SERIOUSLY??!!

Matter of fact, they have posts out on the site right now. Same office, same person, same contact into. Do us all a favor and if one of these people have left you hanging..post it in the comment section so that those of us looking and considering them are forewarned they are flakes. And YES.. I do do that.

Posts: 22 | Registered: 22 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Got another one,.......posting your desire to transfer but being so stupid to notice you are a city carrier posting in the rural carrier forum !!!

Posts: 144 | Registered: 24 June 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
hi, i just last nite registered on this website, did everything asked of me, email address given and confirmed with link on my email; so why don't i see my ad listed with all the others for 8-22? i am fran from ct trying to go to phoenix az. so. dannyboy, you seem to be the babysitter and watchdog of this place. please respond to me at litlfran@gmail.com and tell me why my ad is not showing.did i do something wrong? do i not know the right people? is process time as slow as slowboattochina parcel post? whats wrong? please help! love, fran at litlfran@gmail.com

Posts: 3 | Registered: 21 August 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
CENTRAL CT, i AM NOT RALLY A WATCHDOG OR BABYSITTER. i HAVE NO IDEA WHY YOUR POST DIDN'T APPEAR, THIS ONE IN THIS DISCUSSION SURE DID. tRY IT AGAIN !!!

Posts: 144 | Registered: 24 June 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
More to know:
Don't bother including how many years seniority you have or how big your route is. Years in mean nothing, you lose all of your in office seniority and start as the junior carrier in your new office. The transferring route in each office go up for bid allowing all regular carriers in the office to bid on it and all routes, the remaining un-bid route will be granted to the carrier transferring in.

Also,have a good track record! If you call out sick all the time, have LWOP, or have been in an accident, most postmasters will not want you. Transfers are solely at the postmasters discretion!

Posts: 51 | Registered: 27 January 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post