Postal Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Mutual Transfer Ads - Rural Carriers    WHY post an ad!!!!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

WHY post an ad!!!! Login/Join

posted
Why do people post ads for transfers if they are not serious about one? Most don't even answer when you respond to their ad. So why post one and waste someone elses time. Post if your serious and ready to do it.

Posts: 21 | Registered: 25 July 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Auntteetee,
It takes lots of paitence and tons of time to get a transfer to work. One of my former co workers worked on it for 2 1/2 years. I'm going on a year soon. If you were looking for a certain timeline that's the problem. Be open to starting over as an RCA if that's the case. Lots of people are just feeling out the situation first and there's nothing wrong with them doing so.
and on a side note, I'm still looking for a transfer myself.

Posts: 22 | Registered: 06 July 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi Kelly I do understand that people are feeling it out. My problem with them is why don't they answer you to at least let you know what is up. Just respond so people will know not to try you again. I am waiting to return to an RCA postion also but then they aren't moving anywhere either. Where you looking to go Kelly?

Posts: 21 | Registered: 25 July 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by auntteetee1977:
Why do people post ads for transfers if they are not serious about one? Most don't even answer when you respond to their ad. So why post one and waste someone elses time. Post if your serious and ready to do it.

I think a number of carriers get frustrated after a while, by being to narrow in what they will accept. By giving more latitude for location to move gives more opportunity for others not happy, but not really looking a chance to talk and think it over. I have been looking for around 7 years. My route in Emporia, KS. has increased from a 41 H to a 44 H and will grow after this count. I have tried to be open from NC to SC to Georgia, a few bites but no hook set, but still trying.

Posts: 5 | Registered: 18 September 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I,ve been looking for a transfer for 6 years. After awhile you tend to get frustrated and think of accepting somewhere you really don't want to go, then you realize why your transfering and that's family and friends, so you wait and wait and find someone, sign the paper work only to have the other party rejected by your office. Thats why I don't respond to alot of 3 and 4 way offers, IT'S TOO DIFFICULT. More people to back out or be rejected by one of the postmasters. Good luck to all, it's not easy.

Posts: 7 | Registered: 31 October 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi!
I think there are lot of variables in peoples wanting to transfer. Have to sell house, schools, etc. I'd love a direct transfer as well, but I have run into the same things everyone else has. Atlanta would be great! But I'm open to other suggestions. Smiler Auntteetee, did you try all the post offices in your area that you are located right now. sometimes you need to go to meet the postmasters..just a suggestion.
Kelly

Posts: 22 | Registered: 06 July 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If you find you are getting frustrated with the mutual transfer process and really want to get to a specific area(s) and are comfortable with changing crafts try--ereassign. This is just another option--you will have to take the specified test for the craft you want to change too. I have noticed quiet a few carriers did this option and were pleased with the results. Just a thought.

Posts: 37 | Registered: 15 November 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post