Postal Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Mutual Transfer Ads - Rural Carriers    WANTING TO TRANSFER? EVERYONE CAN EASILY! READ THIS!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

WANTING TO TRANSFER? EVERYONE CAN EASILY! READ THIS! Login/Join

posted
If you have been trying to get a transfer you know how hard it is to do!I have been trying to get a transfer for years. To go from one state to another is just about imposible when you have to find a mutual swap. I have done my own research and have found out that we can make it easier just by getting our contract to say in it that we can go on re-assign. Our contract is up in November and right now is when we need to be heard. I was told to get all rural carriers to contact their union officals and the union president by phone and letter letting them know that we want changes. We want to be able to go on e-reassign so that we can get to where we need to go. We would have to take a clerk, city, etc. position but we would still have benefits and a job with the post office. You can still have mutal transfers if you can find some rural carrier to swap but you will also have this other option. Please contact me at 870-515-6023. or email me at tammytime@windstream.net The post office is changing so lets change with them. Lets make a difference and make it to where we can have other options in the work field. There are some of us who have gotten married or our families or parents need us because they are ill and we have to quit our jobs to get there. That is not right! We should have more options. The post office has cut out us taking the postal tests. Please help me make a difference!

Everyone Please read! Our contract is up in November. I am trying to get a provision put in our new contract that lets us go on e-reassign. For those of you who cannot get a mutal transfer- it would mean another opportunity to go where you need to go. You would have the chance to transfer to a clerk, maintenance etc... and not have to leave your job or benefits. The postal service is changing and we have to let our union know we want to make changes with them. We need to let our union officals let our voice be heard. Please write letters asap to your union reps because ideas are being heard as we speak. They told me to get the word out to rural carriers so please call me or email me if you are interested in helping make changes to our contract. these changes would let us take tests to go from rural carriers to clerk crafts and other crafts so we can maybe finally get to move to where we want to be- any state! call 870 364-4189 or 870-515-6023. email tammytime@windstream.net lets get a petition going. I have been trying to get to south carolina for 3 yrs. I dont want to quit so I wouldnt mind being a clerk if that meant I keep my insurance and benefits.

Posts: 6 | Registered: 10 October 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Why stop at e-reassign, we should be able to bid on open routes nation wide. Lets win something for the membership this time

Posts: 6 | Registered: 19 July 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We spoke to several postmasters around the country while looking for our transfer. We were told that you CAN transfer anywhere there is an open rural route. Right now there are lots of open rural routes at offices because many are not filling the vacancies from retirement and terminations as they are waiting on FFS flats and want to be able to build up routes in their offices that are down sized. However, many offices have MANY open routes and are willing to allow you to transfer in to an open route, in any state. You need to contact the postmasters in the area you wish to transfer and speak to them about taking an open rural route -- no transfer required.

Of course, you are low man on the roster for bidding, and if they shrink much you can lose your route, BUT in that case they can find you another route within 50 miles to keep your position.

I think I have all of this correct, if you find it to be different, please re post and correct anything I've gotten confused.

Smiler sign me ... getting my own transfer.

Posts: 6 | Registered: 21 August 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mark21:
We spoke to several postmasters around the country while looking for our transfer. We were told that you CAN transfer anywhere there is an open rural route. Right now there are lots of open rural routes at offices because many are not filling the vacancies from retirement and terminations as they are waiting on FFS flats and want to be able to build up routes in their offices that are down sized. However, many offices have MANY open routes and are willing to allow you to transfer in to an open route, in any state. You need to contact the postmasters in the area you wish to transfer and speak to them about taking an open rural route -- no transfer required.

Of course, you are low man on the roster for bidding, and if they shrink much you can lose your route, BUT in that case they can find you another route within 50 miles to keep your position.

I think I have all of this correct, if you find it to be different, please re post and correct anything I've gotten confused.

Smiler sign me ... getting my own transfer.
I have checked into the transfers and open routes. The union has informed me that to get a transfer , if the postmaster allows it you get the route noone else in that office wants. In other words the persons rt that wants to transfer gets put up for bid like it does when someone retires etc.. and everyone in that office gets to move around to the rt they want and what is left you get. Also I was told that yes you can bid on a route that is open for bid in an office but very unlikely you will get it. The rca's in that office get to bid on them and get them. Same as it is in your office or mine. Noone from any office outside mine has a chance on getting a rt in my office. To be able to they have to allready be a sub there.We have a woman retiring in April. The route will be put up for bid and the person who has the most seniority in the office will get it. Then thier rt goes up for bid and so on until every regular carrier has bid on the rts they wanted then the senior sub gets what is left. This is why its imposible for anyone to be able to come in from another office. The subs have to not want a regular job. That is why we have to ask for changes in our contract that allows us to be able to get other kinds of jobs. if im incorrect about any of this let me know. I got this information from the rural carriers union.

Everyone Please read! Our contract is up in November. I am trying to get a provision put in our new contract that lets us go on e-reassign. For those of you who cannot get a mutal transfer- it would mean another opportunity to go where you need to go. You would have the chance to transfer to a clerk, maintenance etc... and not have to leave your job or benefits. The postal service is changing and we have to let our union know we want to make changes with them. We need to let our union officals let our voice be heard. Please write letters asap to your union reps because ideas are being heard as we speak. They told me to get the word out to rural carriers so please call me or email me if you are interested in helping make changes to our contract. these changes would let us take tests to go from rural carriers to clerk crafts and other crafts so we can maybe finally get to move to where we want to be- any state! call 870 364-4189 or 870-515-6023. email tammytime@windstream.net lets get a petition going. I have been trying to get to south carolina for 3 yrs. I dont want to quit so I wouldnt mind being a clerk if that meant I keep my insurance and benefits.

Posts: 6 | Registered: 10 October 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
how do u find offices with open routes. do u have to call these offices or is there a website. man it would be nice if there was.

eric mcgrath

Posts: 88 | Location: mechanicsville maryland | Registered: 31 July 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
you need to contact your local representative in congress for your district..I've been trying for years... Sen. Rob Woodall told me the more noise we make with our rep. the better chance we had at this subject matter being hear in congress. ..please contact your local rep and have your voice heard

Posts: 20 | Registered: 26 August 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
we cannot be put on any open routes talk to union

reguardless of reason rcas would had a grievance because when they decide to post the route senior rcas have bidding rights only way is mutual

Posts: 167 | Location: Phoenix Arizona | Registered: 16 October 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That would be an awesome change to the contract....where can I sign the petition? I will gladly! Clement4@optonline.net or 631-346-3075 thanks lisa

Posts: 53 | Registered: 08 March 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post