Postal Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Mutual Transfer Ads - Rural Carriers    To anyone who has recently transferred: Can you answer this question for me?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

To anyone who has recently transferred: Can you answer this question for me? Login/Join

posted
Once the transfer is processed and the routes in each office are posted for bidding, Do the transferring carriers have to place a bid or are they automatically awarded the residual route without having to bid?

Our routes went up for bid yesterday but none of us have received anything in writing informing us of what we need to do. RCAs are bidding on the routes that are posted so we just wanted to make sure. If anyone who has transferred knows the answer to this it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Posts: 11 | Registered: 16 March 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You will receive the residual route

Posts: 37 | Registered: 01 January 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am in middle of transfer my rt and the rt in the office I am going are up for bid (RCA'S)are not eligible to bid what ever is open in each office is what transfers get

Posts: 167 | Location: Phoenix Arizona | Registered: 16 October 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You do have to bid --- I transfered 8 years ago and I did have to bid. So unless things have changed --- be sure to bid. Call your union.

Posts: 48 | Registered: 01 June 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You DO NOT bid. You get what is left after all other regulars bid. This is because as a new regular to the office you are at the bottom of the seniority list.

Posts: 41 | Registered: 27 June 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I disagree - you do bid!!

Posts: 48 | Registered: 01 June 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I will throw my 2 cents in on this. When I transfered 3 years ago, I did not bid. One route became vacant and I got the residual route. Now the office I am in has multiple routes being held vacant for possible consolidation, so multiple routes would be available for incoming transfers. I am not quite sure how they get assigned, but we had 2 transfers come in Saturday, so I will ask then how it works and repost what they tell me.

Posts: 84 | Registered: 28 October 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
When you enter a new office you have no seniority over the other regulars. You get the route that is left after everyone else bids. You DO NOT bid. Just completed a transfer 2 years ago. Don't know about the vacant route situation.

Posts: 41 | Registered: 27 June 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was told by my supervisor today that our new transfer DID NOT bid even though we have multiple vacant routes. The routes held vacant were not available for bid because they were being held for consolidation. The new transfer got the residual route left over from routes "available" for bid.

Posts: 84 | Registered: 28 October 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post