Postal Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Mutual Transfer Ads - Rural Carriers    Your story
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Your story Login/Join

posted
Can I hear of a successful transfer? How long did it take? Who did you talk to? Did you have to move or live temporarily somewhere? Any other aspects to consider?

Posts: 8 | Location: Davison outskirts | Registered: 02 July 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi David as soon as the hr department approves it.goes through beginning of the pay period. Even though different office the RTS. are still similar very easy to adjust.I transfeted 4 times twice as a rca and twice as a regular.one you do transfer you are at the bottom of the Seniority for that office but still have what ever Seniority you have for the postal service for district bids.So as long as you find the right transfer it'll be a Peace of cake.Also once transfer is approved no backing out unless all parties involved agree. Good luck Ann

Posts: 51 | Registered: 03 September 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Good Morning David, Its 2 month for start to finish I submitted a transfer from Cali To Az and It was June the 6th and I started in Az. on Aug the 6th Once you find someone to transfer with you and that person plus both postmaster have to agree and sign then it goes to your district and they send it up to HR. I'm not sure what Ann means by you still have your seniority in district bids.

Posts: 24 | Registered: 16 August 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
When you transfer to another office you go to bottom of Seniority for that office .but when ever a route goes up in a district bid your Seniority Is carried with you.(all the time you've been regular with postal service)

posted Hide Post
I guess what I am saying is what is a district bid?

Posts: 24 | Registered: 16 August 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
District bids come up when no one bids on a rt. In that office. Now it goes to district so any one in that district can bid. No matter if that office has RCA's they lost out.of course RCA's and regulars can bid but regulars are always first and RCA's are by the years put into the postal service. Go to liteblue click on job bidding & bid cluster is your office and district is for any one in that district. Easy way to transfer to another office.when ever there is a district bid usually posts for 10 days. So liteblue can be your friend.good luck Ann

posted Hide Post
Thanks for all this info. I now want to consider TN from Davison michigan by 2020. Still looking into property near Chattanooga for ideas on prices

Posts: 8 | Location: Davison outskirts | Registered: 02 July 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Transferring is one of the great perks of this job. It’s allowed me to move around and live in 4 different states in the last 5 years. It’s been fun and exiting for me and I’ll continue to travel in the future. It’s not that complicated. Like the others have explained, all you have to do is sign a piece of paper and get your PM to do the same. HR will take care of the rest.

Some of the tips I would give are:

Do your research on the office you’re going to for things that are important to you. Is having an LLV important to you? Then you better make sure every route in that office has an LLV. Because if even one route requires a personal vehicle then there’s always the chance of you winding up with that route.

Don’t ever make plans for your move (like selling, buying or renting a home, packing belongings, etc.) until every signature is on that piece of paper because people get cold feet and back out of transfers all the time.

Save your receipts for any moving costs (transport of belongings, gas for driving to your new location, hotels you stayed at on your trip to your new location, etc.). Moving costs are tax deductible.

Good luck in finding and completing your transfer!

Posts: 50 | Registered: 02 June 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I can get to Liteblue and the job bidding but what numbers do you put in to get anything to come up??
quote:
Originally posted by Ann:
District bids come up when no one bids on a rt. In that office. Now it goes to district so any one in that district can bid. No matter if that office has RCA's they lost out.of course RCA's and regulars can bid but regulars are always first and RCA's are by the years put into the postal service. Go to liteblue click on job bidding & bid cluster is your office and district is for any one in that district. Easy way to transfer to another office.when ever there is a district bid usually posts for 10 days. So liteblue can be your friend.good luck Ann

Posts: 48 | Registered: 01 June 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post