Postal Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Mutual Transfer Ads - Rural Carriers    Santa Clarita (So Cal) to Orange County (CA)
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Santa Clarita (So Cal) to Orange County (CA) Login/Join

posted
Wish to transfer from Santa Clarita to Orange County. Route is a 44K, with postal vehicle & you will have every Friday off. Robert, (818) 941-1011

Posts: 84 | Registered: 24 September 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Santa Clarita

What up Robert? We talked before - its me Ronald in San Diego. Hey what are the routes like up there? Does your office have FFS? How many rural routes? What is the zip code in your office? Also how far south would you go?

Posts: 60 | Location: Del Mar | Registered: 20 January 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ronald we do have ffs my zip code is 91354,how far r u?
The santa clarita routes r very nice there is about 15

posted Hide Post
Hey Robert....i looked up your zip and it looks like there are 7 rural routes in your office is that right? is is the po at
24355 CREEKSIDE RD
SANTA CLARITA, CA 91355-9998
which is your route? We dont have FFS - im in north San Diego - by Del Mar

Posts: 60 | Location: Del Mar | Registered: 20 January 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Its the right office in the 54 zone there is 7 but we also have routes in 91355,91390.My route is RR53 by the end of the yr i am suppose to be a 48k,how big is your route?

posted Hide Post
Hey Robert, thanks for the additional zips - i am researching them now. See here is the way mutual transfers work: Lets say you and I were to agree on a transfer, well 1st step you have to sign the mutual transfer request form and give it to me and I to you. 2nd our postmasters need to sign them also. At that point it becomes official. They post our routes for 10 days. During that time any regular in your office or a connected office(if you have any) can bid on your route. The residual route is what the incoming carrier gets. Same in my office. So having said that there is no guarantee you get the route of the departing carrier....in fact in many cases if your route is desirable some one will take it and you may end up on a j or an h route. I say this so there are no misgivings. That's why I always ask what are the smallest routes in an office because that's far more relevant a question than "what is your route like?" I tell you this in the interest of full disclosure. I wouldn't want you to make a decision without knowing exactly what happens and how. I have transferred twice, once a four way from Florida to Utah and another a year later to San Diego. I am experienced at these things. You would want to visit my office and area to see if its to your liking. All route here have an LLV. here is a useful sight to look up carrier routes by zip code www.melissadata.com I'm in 92129. email me at iamthedadthatswhy@hotmail.com and I will answer any question you have. Thanks, Ronald

posted Hide Post
Robert are you the same Robert I talked to before that was in Tucson and did you trade with Linda to get to Santa Clarita? Or am I confused? I think its you but am not sure.......anyway....email me if its something you might be interested in.
Thanks, Ronald iamthedadthatswhy@hotmail.com

posted Hide Post
Yes i transfer from Tucson,but with Nerina i am just trying to cut down on my traveling,it takes me 55m to an hr to get to work,coming bacck is what takes long sometimes 1 45 up to 2 30 send me the exact address of your office so i can see how long it takes me thnx

posted Hide Post
Oh my that's a giant commute!
My office is 10807 vista sorrento parkway
San diego ca 92121
What city are you commuting from?

posted Hide Post
I am in Anaheim

posted Hide Post
ok wow Anaheim huh? I know it well I was raised in Ahaheim from a baby to a teenager. Here is the deal and you probably already know this but from Anaheim to your office is roughly 60 miles. From My office to Anaheim is about 72 miles BUT the principle difference and you live this daily is that your commute drives you through the very heart of LA and traffic Armageddon. Because I am on the very northern edge of the city of San Diego a drive for me to Anaheim is a breeze past Oceanside and then there is nothing but Camp Pendleton Marine base until you pop out on the other side in San Juan Capistrano. An Hour is what it usually takes me. Not sure if that helps you or not. Why don't you test drive it and see?

posted Hide Post
whats the lowest route in your office?

posted Hide Post
Im a 45 k. When I transfered to this office no one bid on it but me. There are two 43 k. Those are the lowest. There are still three routes vacant that management is holding to use as a buffer to build up the routes when needed. The nice thing about my route is its a total of 10 miles and pays 9 hours a day. I can do it in seven or less on each day except monday and you would be off on saturday.

posted Hide Post
How about the Hs and Js?

posted Hide Post
No 43 k. All are k routes except one j but its a vacant route with no regular....it cant be touched as like I said they are holding it for the purpose of building up routes when needed. How about your office??? What is the smallest route? You are like me you got that when you transfered in right so obviously no one bid on it but you. Is your office all k routes also?