Postal Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Mutual Transfer Ads - Rural Carriers    PM not approving transfer
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

PM not approving transfer Login/Join

posted
recently I was lucky enough to find a person who was retiring to do a paper transfer with me(from Mechanicsville, VA to Myrtle Beach, SC). I worked everything out and he even was nice enough to move his retirement day back a few days to allow for paper work. when it was time to get the forms signed, the PM in Myrtle Beach would not do it. he said that it was wrong and it would break the spirit of the RCA's. My response to him was, they are RCA'S, their spirits are broken daily. needless to say, i'm still in Mechanicsville and now my wife and oldest are in Myrtle Beach waiting for my youngest and me to get there. I guess i'm going to have to quit the post office.

Posts: 3 | Registered: 22 February 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I talked with the state steward in Florida about a transfer with a retiree and he said that you can't do this anymore. He said that the Post Office put a stop to it about 3 yrs. ago. There is a grievence going on since then so I guess we are stuck until that goes through. Hope everything works out for you.

Posts: 21 | Registered: 25 July 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I would not want to see anyone screwed out of a transfer they urgently need but retirees transferring just to hose an rca is not right. if the rca doesnt want the route or there is no one that can bid on the route than that is fine, but as much as it pains me to agree with management since they NEVER operate in good faith, i cant see where a retiree should be able to transfer just to deny his sub.i got my route when a retiree went early so his sub couldnt get her year in and bid, and that was his daughter-in-law, people can really be petty, good luck to you, like most of we get hoded at the usps daily

Posts: 6 | Registered: 19 April 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post