Postal Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Mutual Transfer Ads - Rural Carriers    Expired Post....unable to delete entirely
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Expired Post....unable to delete entirely Login/Join

posted
i tried to delete this post to no avail. please do not respond. old post!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: LadyPoolShark,

Posts: 15 | Registered: 04 August 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

Talked to my union rep and she told me instead of a petition I need to write a letter to the union president asking for us to be able to get on erresign and apply for other jobs. She told me if I could get other carriers to do the same as soon as possible it would show the union that the carriers want a change not just me and maybe they would bring it up in negotiations right now. Please make phone calls and write a letter and send. Help me get the word out.Please contact our national president (which is in our national rural magazine) Don Cantriel at 1703-684-5545 and ask to speak to him. If every rural carrier is heard everyone writes a letter to their state arrlca president which is in your rural letter carrier association magazine maybe we can get something done.

Everyone Please read! Our contract is up in November. I am trying to get a provision put in our new contract that lets us go on e-reassign. For those of you who cannot get a mutal transfer- it would mean another opportunity to go where you need to go. You would have the chance to transfer to a clerk, maintenance etc... and not have to leave your job or benefits. The postal service is changing and we have to let our union know we want to make changes with them. We need to let our union officals let our voice be heard. Please write letters asap to your union reps because ideas are being heard as we speak. They told me to get the word out to rural carriers so please call me or email me if you are interested in helping make changes to our contract. these changes would let us take tests to go from rural carriers to clerk crafts and other crafts so we can maybe finally get to move to where we want to be- any state! call 870 364-4189 or 870-515-6023. email tammytime@windstream.net lets get a petition going. I have been trying to get to south carolina for 3 yrs. I dont want to quit so I wouldnt mind being a clerk if that meant I keep my insurance and benefits.

Posts: 6 | Registered: 10 October 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I work in Dolomite. In 1 month being moved to Hueytown. Would prefer to be closer to Jasper.

Posts: 4 | Registered: 11 May 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post