Postal Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Mutual Transfer Ads - Rural Carriers    Can I walk in...
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Can I walk in... Login/Join

posted
To a post office and inquire about any bid openings? I want to visit Colorado and check out the area and ask about any potential openings. I want to transfer from my rural route in Davison michigan. Is there a protocol? I Will want to move in a few years when I downsize my house.

Posts: 8 | Location: Davison outskirts | Registered: 02 July 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You can go to a post office and see if any of the regular rural carriers there want to transfer, that's about it. You can't bid on any opening unless you are in the same district and the route has already been posted within the office. Can't bid on anything outside of your district.

Posts: 25 | Registered: 23 May 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I believe you pretty much can as long as you have your badge. Probably a good idea to call ahead, tho!

Posts: 7 | Registered: 28 May 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Would you be interested in TX? Davison, MI??? It would complete a 3 way. Texas is trying to get in FL with his fiance

Posts: 6 | Registered: 20 July 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post