Postal Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Mutual Transfer Ads - Rural Carriers    Looking to get to Northwest Montana from East Texas mutual or multi way swap!!!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Looking to get to Northwest Montana from East Texas mutual or multi way swap!!! Login/Join

posted
I'm located in Nacogdoches Texas looking to get to Missoula Montana area! Any questions please feel free to ask!

Posts: 18 | Registered: 27 June 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi
Not sure if I have the transfer you’re looking for, but here’s my story anyway.
I wanted to move out of Texas and started searching open postings. Belgrade Mt 59714 has posted 2 PTF positions publicly. Because I couldn’t find a transfer in over a year, I just went for it. So I quit for 6 days and got rehires as RCA in Montana. It sucks for 90 days, but I’ll move into the PTF position by May. I didn’t know you had to resign in order to apply for an open position so I missed that window...We have more open PTF positions and a route opening as soon as paperwork is processed, and an aux going full.
I’m reaching out cause this is a fantastic place but we need carriers. Everyone’s working 6 days to cover the regulars vacations ...... with few more people this place could be great. Postmaster is super organized and nice and gets things done.
The area is fantastic if you like outdoors stuff, I’m finding tons to do even now in winter. Trails everywhere in the mountains but Belgrade itself is in a huge valley, so the driving isn’t that bad , and most routes are more like city delivery so easy to learn and carry. 3 real rural rts. 15 rt office. Housing is expensive and hard to find, so that’s the biggest hurdle. I found a private seller and bought a house, so it can work.
Belgrade is about 5 hours from Missoula..
Anyway, good luck , hope you find a transfer!

Posts: 5 | Registered: 23 July 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post