Postal Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Mutual Transfer Ads - Rural Carriers    How Long Does It Take?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

How Long Does It Take? Login/Join

posted
I have found someone who wants to transfer with me and we have completed the required mutual exchange paperwork with all required signatures. What is the process now? Nobody seems to know that I talk too, and I can't get a phone call back from HR or the state steward. How long does the transfer normally take to complete? Any help would be appreciated.

Posts: 10 | Registered: 09 May 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've done 5 trades so far. Once the paperwork is signed, your postmasters are supposed to take it from there. If they're not sure what to do,(and a lot of postmasters don't, because they've never dealt with a mutual trade before)then THEY need to make the phone calls to find out. You should be able to have the effective date within a month I would think, if that's what the carriers involved want. Or you could pick a date months from now. The effective date has to be the first day of a pay period...other than that, I would get on your postmasters to get things taken care of. And congratulations!

Posts: 192 | Location: Largo Florida | Registered: 26 July 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Kimmy thanks for your help. Although this is supposed to be very exciting, it has become very frustrating. Everyone signed the transfer a few weeks ago,at that point it was forwarded to local services where we have heard nothing. It was our hope to transfer the first of August since the person I am transferring with has children in school. This is more than likely not going to happen. I just want to be with my family and get my life going again. I guess my main issue is when I try to get info nobody will answer calls or return them.

Posts: 10 | Registered: 09 May 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post