Postal Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Mutual Transfer Ads - Rural Carriers    Please read this , when posting use common sense and have some consideration
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Please read this , when posting use common sense and have some consideration Login/Join

posted
People, I see too often someone post an urgent desire to transfer and they never respond back or follow up their post leaving everyone hanging.
How bout some common sense and some common courtesy and leave an email address so people here aren't chasing a 5 year old "request to transfer ASAP" or a cell phone number.
Just a simple request.

DanO

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Danny boy,

Posts: 144 | Registered: 24 June 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Amen to that Dan, nothing more frustrating then ads that are no longer relevent

Posts: 50 | Registered: 22 February 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Danny boy:
People, I see too often someone post an urgent desire to transfer and they never respond back or follow up their post leaving everyone hanging.
How bout some common sense and some common courtesy and leave an email address so people here aren't chasing a 5 year old "request to transfer ASAP" or a cell phone number.
Just a simple request.

DanO
I agree!!

Posts: 14 | Registered: 13 January 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I also have been chasing dead ends... Frowner

Posts: 39 | Registered: 01 October 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Even though I posted this almost two weeks ago, it continues, jeez !!!

posted Hide Post
I have to add one other thing about people and these ads. When you are in discussion with someone about a transfer and you change your mind for whatever reason, please be grown up enough to contact them and let them know your decision. Three times now I've had people pull out of a transfer and they quit answering their phone, texts, and email without saying that they are NOT going to transfer. Very rude if you ask me

Posts: 50 | Registered: 22 February 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dneffrr1:
I have to add one other thing about people and these ads. When you are in discussion with someone about a transfer and you change your mind for whatever reason, please be grown up enough to contact them and let them know your decision. Three times now I've had people pull out of a transfer and they quit answering their phone, texts, and email without saying that they are NOT going to transfer. Very rude if you ask me

Those are called "flakes" and they exist in all facets of life. They will never change. It's in their nature to run and hide over the simplest things.

Most people on here are not serious about transferring. They are just unhappy where they are so they like to fantasize about a new start somewhere else but it's only a fantasy. When it gets too real they will disappear.

If someone does not post an email address or phone number that is an easy sign that they are not serious. Also people who say they are considering all locations are usually not serious... they just want to see a bunch of replies that they will never respond to.

If someone refuses to talk on the phone, it's also a sign that they are not serious. There are some serious people on here but you just have to weed out the flakes which there are plenty of.

Do yourselves a favor and ignore any posts that do not have any contact information at all. Also, once you get into serious talks about a transfer. If the carrier starts dodging you, just call them at their post office one day and you can be sure they will give you a definite answer to wether or not they changed their mind. That way you are not up in the air waiting on someone who has no consideration.

Posts: 25 | Registered: 23 May 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hey I agree. Where do you want to go.Any upstate NY in the southern tier.

Posts: 40 | Location: Upstate NY | Registered: 24 September 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I repeat this request, please be courteous