Postal Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Mutual Transfer Ads - Rural Carriers    A dream come true, but a warning
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A dream come true, but a warning Login/Join

posted
My 4-way is complete and I have been happy here in Asheboro, NC from Michigan. This transfer had its problems. Since school had started we all agreed to wait till school let out next Spring. A long and complicated story short one Postmaster retired and did not tell the other about the future transfer. One carrier had an accident and was on workers compensation. The Postmaster, who was receiving this carrier, was the one that did not know about this transfer. This Postmaster did not want that carrier. To top this all off Human Resources lost the agreement with all our signatures. The three healthy carriers had already moved and sold their homes. I had already bought a home in NC. Luckily the other Postmaster was talked into agreeing to the transfer, and we had to sign another agreement. My start date was supposed to be in June but was pushed back to July. Good thing for me I had over 50 days of annual leave saved or I would have been financially ruined.

Posts: 32 | Registered: 03 October 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm glad it worked out for you. I had a similar thing happen when I did my transfer last yr. My route was up for bid and I had 10 days notice to get from SC to NY for work on Dec. 13, only to get there and be told that my new PM got the transfer postponed somehow and I wouldn't be starting until Jan. 10, but the office I came from knew nothing about this and was expecting their new carrier there in Dec., he stayed in NY and worked because he was told about the transfer being postponed. Luckily I had enough annual days saved so I could get a paycheck while waiting for the month! My husband had cancer and we moved to be closer to family, but I had to use all of my days that I had saved for when I needed time off for his appointments or when he got worse, and we couldn't afford to go back to SC for that month, after just moving all of our household stuff 800 miles away, and even if we could, my husband couldn't have handled it! Thankfully I had saved enough annual days.

Posts: 40 | Registered: 19 October 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Make copies of all signed agreements and hang on to them. Thank goodness I had all that annual leave saved.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Jason63,

posted Hide Post
Why what happened?

Posts: 78 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: 25 July 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wow sorry I just read what had happened they are so untrustworthy. Glad you are all okay now.

Posts: 78 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: 25 July 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just completed a transfer from California to Arizona which took way to long but never the less its done. Just putting this out there because my Postmaster was an old city guy and he thought that you could just pick a date and away I would go WRONG!!! Thank goodness I called my union person after about a month in to the process and found out that you need to make sure your paper work is in first and then from there it took 3 months to the day. I also made the move and didn't have enough leave saved so I had to use the money I made from selling my house. :-(

Posts: 24 | Registered: 16 August 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Appreciate your comments and sharing your experience with all of us looking to Transfer.

posted Hide Post
You can't count on others to know what they're doing. This goes for human resources also. I can't stress enough that you must make copies of everything.

posted Hide Post
appreciate the info, thanks!

Posts: 35 | Registered: 11 September 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post