Postal Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Mutual Transfer Ads - Rural Carriers    Northeast Ohio to somewhere warmer
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Northeast Ohio to somewhere warmer Login/Join

posted
I am thinking about wanting to transfer somewhere warmer after January. My route is a 43J, off every other friday and saturday, with an LLV, in Middlefield. Its in an Amish community but in town. All paved roads. I would like another Amish community if possible but not necessary. I like the country but would like to be close to water to. Not sure where I want to go but would consider anywhere. I just need to get away from the snow and cold here in Ohio. Thank you for reading!

Posts: 23 | Registered: 17 March 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi Eileen, I am in Naples Florida and looking to get back to Northeast Ohio. I'm originally from Ohio and have family in the Willoughby and Mentor area. My office in Naples is about 5 minutes to beautiful Gulf beaches. If your interested, I can give your more info. Take care and good luck in your search.

Rich

Posts: 30 | Registered: 24 February 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi Rich, I grew up in willoughby to. My route would be perfect. About 1/2 hour to mentor. But I don't think I want to go that far south. I can't handle that much heat. Maybe there's a 3 way possible ?

posted Hide Post
Hi,Eileen, how about Shreveport? We have lots of lakes and the Red river.
Mel

Posts: 11 | Location: Keithville | Registered: 01 August 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm either thinking Kentucky or the Carolina's. Thank you

posted Hide Post
Hi Eileen, thanks for your reply. I've been away for the past week and saw your response. I'm open for a 3 way if possible, but realize it's not easy. I know what you mean about the heat. I tell my wife we have the heat here and Ohio has the cold. It all depends on your personal preferences. Btw, how many rural routes do you have in your office?

Posts: 30 | Registered: 24 February 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There are 6 and an aux route. Btw my route is a 43k not j

posted Hide Post
quote:
Eileen

Eileen, if I'm not mistaken if someone transferred to your office, your route would first be offered to all the regular carriers in your office. The transferee would get the route that the in-office carriers didn't want. How many rural routes in your office?

Posts: 8 | Registered: 22 March 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes I think that's how it works. The 3 lowest routes are 43j and 43k's

posted Hide Post
Hello, I am in Hermitage Tennessee we have a great climate between Ohio and Florida, Not far from the Ky. border. We have lots of water with 2 major lakes. if you were interested. I'm looking to move to Southern Indiana/Louisville KY, area. I talked to a guy in Louisville Ky. looking to go to the Gulf Coast but is on hold due to a family issue. This could complete a 4 way with raider. Also looking for possible 3 ways. Thanks. Ty

Posts: 12 | Registered: 01 September 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Can you tell me about the route and areas around there? I want to live in the country but close to a lake/beach

posted Hide Post
This is a medium sized office with 10 Regular Rural routes No Auxiliary Routes. 10 City Routes. A lot of New growth picking back up. Local Economy is very good. All Rural Routes have LLVs except 1 (he won't bid off his route). All Routes around 20 miles in length. Average Route evaluations are about 8 hours a day. There are 9 Substitute Carriers. My route is a 42K with 695 Street Only Boxes. Other routes have a mixture of Street and Ndcbu or cluster boxes (Apartments and or Bushiness). Management is good to work with, and very friendly staff.
As for the areas around, we live in Mount Juliet (the town next door) but out of the city limits on Benders Ferry Rd. out near Old Hickory Lake, if you want to look at it on the map. There is a lot of beautiful countryside and farmland in this area and several access areas to the lake. This is about a 30 min. drive from the Hermitage Post Office. There are also other living areas in rural setting closer to the office too.

If you are seriously interested in this area please call at 615-477-6128 for more info and we can see if this will work out with the Louisville guy.

Posts: 12 | Registered: 01 September 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm looking for a small office in the country. Thank you though