Postal Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Mutual Transfer Ads - Rural Carriers    Central NH to North or South Carolina
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Central NH to North or South Carolina Login/Join

posted
Regular rural carrier in Wolfeboro, NH (right on Lake Winnipesaukee), looking to work in warmer climate after son graduates in 2013. Plenty of work in small yet busy office. Senior date is June 13, 2012. Will consider all offers. Joe 603-986-4237.

Posts: 4 | Registered: 15 January 2023Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I live in a warmer climate, 35 minutes south of Nashville. I am looking to get closer to my family in MA. I am interested to know more about your office and the routes there. Is there a lot of mountain driving? How long does your snow season last?

Posts: 38 | Registered: 14 January 2023Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Office has 4 K routes and a J route along with an aux route. A K route and the aux route are in different buildings. A couple of them are in mountain areas while others are more in the town. Where are you exactly 30 miles from Nashville out of curiosity since I would prefer to be closer to the ocean.

posted Hide Post
Spring Hill. Mountainous routs really do not interest me, to be honest.

posted Hide Post
No major mountains on routes, just some higher terrain. No ski resorts. Three routes, including mine, are in town and have limited climbs. snow season varies, sometimes it snows in October and April, but usually end of November to middle of March. This year one major storm in December and has been warm with rain until we got snow this past Friday.

posted Hide Post
Thank you Joe, I appreciate this info. I am curious to know what the worst route or the one that no one wants looks like in your office because that is usually the one a mutual transfer person gets. In my office the worst route is a J route that really should be a K route. It has anywhere from 270- 400 packages per day (including spurs). It is a very short driving route and once Amazon takes over the packages it will be a sweet route. This route requires a POV. Lady on it now usually needs help everyday to figure out how to load her POV to be most efficient. However, this office is growing quite a lot and there is talk that this route will be turned into a full route but I can not speak to that for I do not know any details.