Postal Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Mutual Transfer Ads - Rural Carriers    Mcalester, OK to anywhere within 1 hour of Galveston, TX
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Mcalester, OK to anywhere within 1 hour of Galveston, TX Login/Join

posted
The Mcalester office has 8 K routes and an H route. There is a contract route as well as 13 city routes. My route is a 43K and growing. It is 101 miles of laid back country roads. Hardly any traffic and 75% paved roads. Only the city routes and H route have LLV's. Mcalester has a population of 18,500 and is located 5 miles south of Oklahomas largest lake with 660 miles of shoreline Lake Eufaula. Cost of living is low and housing certainly affordable.

I have family along the gulf from Lake Charles to Victoria and I've wanted to live in that area since I was a child. I will consider anywhere within an hour of Galveston and east/southeast/south/northeast of Houston.

Posts: 15 | Registered: 03 September 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
See if you could live with cypress,Texas? 281 256 5642

Posts: 25 | Registered: 18 May 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm talking it over with the better half. It does sound like I could live with it. I'll give you a ring later today or tomorrow.

posted Hide Post
I live in Dickinson. Right outside of Galveston. 20 miles. I would love Cypress. Could do three way swap with person from Cypress....
Email ibedelissa@aol.com

Posts: 38 | Registered: 30 March 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Now that sounds like a bargain. My girlfriend is in a bid to transfer as a city carrier to Galveston or the area. I won't know for sure until the end of the month if she got it or not (it's looking like a sure deal though.) I figured she would get her transfer while I waited months or years on mine which is why I posted so early. My fingers are crossed.

posted Hide Post
What size routes are in the Dickinson office? Do they all have llv's or no llv's? Either way is fine by me, I'm just curious.

posted Hide Post
There's only 6 routes in Dickinson. All have LLV's....all routes are 43k and up...mine is 48K. I'm sure about to get cut after upcoming mail count.

Posts: 38 | Registered: 30 March 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
As soon as she gets the go ahead I'm 100% on board with getting down to business on this/these transfers.

posted Hide Post
The bidding for her transfer ends tomorrow so hopefully we will have an answer soon!

posted Hide Post
Well it's looking like she didn't get it this time. I'm sorry about the delay...we've been waiting on a definite answer. We still haven't gotten one but thinking we are safe in assuming it's a no. We're going to keep trying until it happens!

posted Hide Post
I'm back and looking to possibly transfer again! My better 3/4 has put in an inquiry for her city carrier transfer to the Dickinson, League City areas. So I'm looking for the same vicinity. Within an hour of Dickinson would be great.

posted Hide Post
She has transferred and is living in Galveston. Hopefully I can find something within an hour of Galveston within the next few months.

posted Hide Post
Bump. Im still looking.

posted Hide Post
Lisa P are you still looking to transfer?

posted Hide Post
I'm now looking for anywhere within 2 hours of Galveston!