Postal Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Mutual Transfer Ads - Rural Carriers    Has anyone been denied?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Has anyone been denied? Login/Join

posted
I found a transfer to where I want to go. We both signed the paper and PMs sent it out to district. It took a month for it to be denied by the other office’s PM. I don’t know why it was denied. My PM said she talked to the other PM’s secretary because she can never get ahold of the actual PM. My PM said the secretary said “he was wavering.” but not if it was the carrier or PM. I have talked to the carrier and he insists that he didn’t know it was or why it was denied.

Can you find out why you were denied? How?

If the issue can be resolved, is there a certain amount of time you have to wait to retry with the same carriers and offices?

My attendance record is good.

dt101880@sbcglobal.net

Posts: 67 | Location: Milford, MI | Registered: 27 February 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Once the papers are signed by the carrier and the post office by all involved in the transfer... then it gets sent to HR I've never seen it denied! I was told once it goes to HR no one can back out

Posts: 99 | Registered: 27 August 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The only reason a PM can deny a transfer is if the carrier leaving the office has been a disciplinary problem either with fellow employees or management and it has to have been documented. Making delivery mistakes or attendance issues are not grounds for denial. The PM cannot control a persons life wishes. Your option is to file a grievance and let the issue get resolved thru the union and upper management.

Posts: 76 | Location: Pearland, TX | Registered: 12 June 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
dt101880@sbcglobal.net

Yes they can deny you. to many sick days, time off etc. just be ready to have documentation if you need to fight it.

Posts: 68 | Registered: 13 December 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
i know someone that was denied and the pm changed their mind a year later

Posts: 68 | Registered: 13 December 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post