Postal Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Mutual Transfer Ads - Letter Carriers    Question about 3 and 4 way trades
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Question about 3 and 4 way trades Login/Join

posted
OK... I need some clear answers. I talked to my HR person about 3 and 4 way trades. She said they can be done, but they are harder to do because the more people you put in the pot, the more chances you take with their work records and such. But the HR gal said they CAN be done as long as all of the Postmasters agree. However, my union President said that contractually, we are only allowed to do a 2 person mutual trade but that we can try to do a 3 or 4 way trade but if it gets shot down, the union cannot grieve it because again, "contractually" the contract only mentions person for person mutual trade between 2 people. My question out there to you is this. Has anyone been part of a 3 or 4 way trade or do you know people who were? Was it difficult to push through? Any help would be appreciated! Thanks!

Posts: 339 | Location: United States | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 339 | Location: United States | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
After reading your post I contact my Union.. and spoke with one of the Vice-Presidents of local 1100 in Ca...and I was told the union back all mutual tranfers....Because I am working on a 3 way transfer myself..Mary

Posts: 39 | Location: Long Beach California | Registered: 27 July 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks Mary! I knew there had to be SOMEONE out there who knew something, but there are a awful lot of lookers on this site and not many people who answer. My union said I can try anything, but contractually, it only states a mutual trade to be between 2 employees, so the PO does not have to grant it. Please ask your union that if the PO shot your trade down for that reason, would your union be successful in grieving it? Thanks!

posted Hide Post