Postal Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Mutual Transfer Ads - Letter Carriers    anyone in WASILLA AK. want to move to WASHINGTON STATE ?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

anyone in WASILLA AK. want to move to WASHINGTON STATE ? Login/Join

posted Hide Post
thats what i was hoping. how about palmer ? any park n loop there ?

Posts: 372 | Registered: 27 November 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi Bob, Palmer is the same as Wasilla as far as I know. The carrier there who is retiring was married to the carrier in our office who died on the clock. I think Palmer has 3 routes and no ptfs, they use our te all the time.
I was just on ereassign and they have both Wasilla and Palmer listed as available for openings.Careful with palmer as it is small office.

Posts: 104 | Registered: 15 October 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
i took off the 18th thru the 23rd. i'll be up there seeing the grand kids & if i can get to him , my brother in talkeetna. hope the post master is in then , i'll stop by for an interview..... and how about that beer ??

posted Hide Post
Sounds good, Give me a call on my cell if you make it up.907-354-8046 Scott

posted Hide Post
ok. . i land in anchorage sunday. going to drive to wasilla , spend sun nite there. hope to see postmaster on monday morning.then drive to talkeetna to see my brother. what is a decient hotel there ? is bestwestern ok?

posted Hide Post
The Best Western is nice, right on the lake. There is also a place called the Grand View Inn . Scott

posted Hide Post
looking foward to getting up there for a visit. any ptfs hired yet? whats the status of the two planning retirement in aug - sept ? do they have thier dates yet ?

posted Hide Post
Hi bob, you already know about the ptf that was transfered in about a month ago. I don't know if PM has anyone other than you interested, she doesn't share that info with me. I am off today but will try to check on guys retiring but as you know , until there gone they can change their plans. Both have stated to me their leaving. Scott

posted Hide Post
i didnt know a ptf came in , but that means the 2 reg spots are taken. as for those talking retirement, yeah they can change thier mind. bummer, sounds pretty risky. i don't want to get stuck being a ptf there. hawaii maybe but noy in alaska .

posted Hide Post
i'm still going to call you for that beer. i should be at the bestwestern sunday

posted Hide Post
Hi bob, shop steward said to bring you out to his lake cabin for a beer. scott

posted Hide Post
ok. sunday when i get in, no bar at the hotel Frowner

posted Hide Post
decided to pass on the reassign thing & wait for a trade. don't want to get stuck being a ptf for years

posted Hide Post
you off today or tomorrow.? nice hotel on the lake. sorry i didnt call sun , i was exhausted and passed out

posted Hide Post
Hi bob, Glad you made it up. Had to work 12 today and I have to run to Kenai in the morning. I will try to call you tomorrow afternoon when I get back. Scott