Postal Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Postal Clerks Discussion Forum    Rural carrier thinking of jumping to clerk
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Rural carrier thinking of jumping to clerk Login/Join

posted
Hello everyone. I’m a career rural carrier in Texas. I was an Rca for 3 years and have been career rural for 2 years. I’m maxed out on pay for my route and am actually working more than my route is evaluated at for pay. I have tons of amazon that is not letting up and I have more neighborhoods coming online. My Metris is full every day and I have no room for anything else. With the new rural pay system there is no process in place yet to cut routes and amazon has no plans to move into our area to deliver their own stuff.

So now I’m seriously considering moving to clerk. Our office is short clerks and the last PSE we have is converting to career in a week or so. Another of our career clerks is transferring so her career position will be available as soon as her transfer is complete

I’m looking for options on my situation as well as the low down on clerk work, benefits, pay and advancement in pay. Not interested in any supervisory position

Thanks for any advice

Posts: 1 | Registered: 03 August 2023Reply With QuoteReport This Post